Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-13-2006, 03:46 PM   #1
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
.RTF files with too many Styles/Formatting

Just a tip: I found out that Book Designer is perfect if you have a Word .rtf with too many styles and formatting inside. Open it in Book Designer and save it back as .rtf. So from .rtf > .rtf.

The most of the styles and formatting are combined/gone etc. All italics are combined as well! From here it's just a few simple steps to get all the formatting to your liking.

Book Designer
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:46 PM   #2
bingle
Addict
bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloNL
Just a tip: I found out that Book Designer is perfect if you have a Word .rtf with too many styles and formatting inside. Open it in Book Designer and save it back as .rtf. So from .rtf > .rtf.

The most of the styles and formatting are combined/gone etc. All italics are combined as well! From here it's just a few simple steps to get all the formatting to your liking.
Yeah, I've used this trick too, especially for conversions from PDF (where the software seems to be religious about keeping exact formatting - even to the point of including embedded images of whitespace!)

One caveat, though: BookDesigner will automatically search for certain text formats and tag them - usually as titles and subtitles. This can change the formatting of the text inside the file. I usually look through the list in the Element Browser just to make sure it's fairly sane before saving.
bingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert