Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 06-02-2011, 02:02 PM   #16
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Well, i don't own the kindle. (Hence the "i don't own caecilia"). But I heard lots about it here.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 04:00 AM   #17
Rick_Aus
Rick_Aus began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Orizon
Quote:
Night mode, hyphenation are in parameters / display.
Actually I finally found them in the book under Layout.

The fonts don't display correctly if I don't untick "Original Styles", which I have done and it is all working now.

I still have the problem where it a lot more often forgets the page I was up to. Sometimes from an upward slash, but sometimes I just turn it off and when I turn it back on it takes me to the Home Screen instead of the book I was on, and when I go into my book I am back at page 1. It's annoying to have to constantly look for where I was up to, but until this is fixed I will be spending a fair amount of time doing this I suspect.
Rick_Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 04:23 AM   #18
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The fonts don't display correctly if I don't untick "Original Styles", which I have done and it is all working now.
Font will replace only if the books css don't force a font of it's own.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:59 AM   #19
blak4dr
Zealot
blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 623, Kobo Glo HD, Aura One,Aura H2O2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_Aus View Post
Actually I finally found them in the book under Layout.

I still have the problem where it a lot more often forgets the page I was up to. Sometimes from an upward slash, but sometimes I just turn it off and when I turn it back on it takes me to the Home Screen instead of the book I was on, and when I go into my book I am back at page 1. It's annoying to have to constantly look for where I was up to, but until this is fixed I will be spending a fair amount of time doing this I suspect.
I had this problem and got it fixed by formatting the internal memory of the orizon and reinstalling my library on it. I had to do it twice since I've had it and it happened both times after I had unfortunately started ADE while my orizon was plugged on the computer.
blak4dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:33 PM   #20
bob123
Addict
bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Cybook
full description is now on the bookeen blog!
It says it has faster downloads! wonder how it does that?
bob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:53 AM   #21
NadineJB
NadineJB began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Orizon
Another thing that I have seen with the new update is that when using ADE, the firmware now affects how much time you've got to read the book.

Before I was able to download up to 3 books and then read them at my leisure. As long as I didn't reconnect to ADE on my laptop I didn't have to worry about time running out.

Since the update it now shows the N° of days I have left which means it's a race against the clock...in other words a real pain in the back side :-(
NadineJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:17 AM   #22
EowynCarter
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NadineJB View Post
Another thing that I have seen with the new update is that when using ADE, the firmware now affects how much time you've got to read the book.

Before I was able to download up to 3 books and then read them at my leisure. As long as I didn't reconnect to ADE on my laptop I didn't have to worry about time running out.

Since the update it now shows the N° of days I have left which means it's a race against the clock...in other words a real pain in the back side :-(
Are these library books ? They are the only one where you should have a time limit.
And as far as I know, the limit was already there, the only change is that it's now displayed. (But i don't use library books so...)
Old 06-17-2011, 02:23 AM   #23
NadineJB

Yes there was always a limit on these library books but the Orizon didn't have an internal clock so as long as you didn't connect to ADE you could keep reading.

So in other words they had expired on the ADE but NOT on the reader...this is no longer the case.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:11 AM   #24
bob123
Addict
bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Quote:
Yes there was always a limit on these library books but the Orizon didn't have an internal clock so as long as you didn't connect to ADE you could keep reading.

So in other words they had expired on the ADE but NOT on the reader...this is no longer the case.
hadn't noticed that. But library books SHOULD expire.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:34 AM   #25
NadineJB

Yes you're right but it was a nice loophole in the software...anyway now when it's 2 weeks it's really 2 weeks...what can you do but read more !
Old 06-21-2011, 08:13 PM   #26
bob123
Addict

Quote:
Yes you're right but it was a nice loophole in the software...anyway now when it's 2 weeks it's really 2 weeks...what can you do but read more !
The library that I use lets you take a book out again as soon as it expires as long as no one has a hold on it.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:06 AM   #27
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob123 View Post
The library that I use lets you take a book out again as soon as it expires as long as no one has a hold on it.
Wow, that even more restrictive DRM than the standard ADEPT one... A mutex on virtual book that allow only one person to have it at the same time...

What a retarded vision of media digitization...
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote