Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-08-2010, 09:14 AM   #31
Tdew
Tdew began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
I bought a book from Google for my Sony to see if the process would be smooth. There was no warning about no downloads being available. After purchase I found that I couldn't use the book on my Sony. I requested a refund and told them why I didn't want the book. The refund was processed quickly. Until I can read the books on my reader I have no further interest in Google's ebooks.
Tdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:07 AM   #32
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
which book?
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:07 AM   #33
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdew View Post
I bought a book from Google for my Sony to see if the process would be smooth. There was no warning about no downloads being available. After purchase I found that I couldn't use the book on my Sony. I requested a refund and told them why I didn't want the book. The refund was processed quickly. Until I can read the books on my reader I have no further interest in Google's ebooks.

What exactly happened. You say there was no download warning, but there wouldn't be if the download was available.

So you downloaded it. What download process?

and the Sony would not open it or what?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:11 PM   #34
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdew View Post
I suggest checking The Girl Who Played with Fire to confirm that you see "No download files included", such as in post #25, before buying from Google. It works ok for me in Chrome and Firefox 3.6.10 under Windows XP.

I like their prices, and the Adobe ePub downloading works (when available). One difference from most ebook sites is that the .acsm file has the name of the ebook, rather than a generic name. I like this, although it still gets deleted by Adobe Digital Editions as part of the ePub download.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook, google, store