Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 09-16-2009, 02:31 PM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
How do I get Mobi 6 to see my kindle?

I thought Mobipocket 6.0 could recognize the kindle as a reading device. But I downloaded and installed it, and all it sees is my computer. I have tried opening mobi with the kindle attached, and without and attaching it later, but it keeps telling me to attach the reading device. Does anyone know how to get mobi to see my kindle?

Thanks,

Debra
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:40 PM   #2
Bluesman7
Book 'em Danno
Bluesman7 doesn't litterBluesman7 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
It reads mine and if it's the one I sent you it should read yours as well.

Try opening the program then attaching your Kindle via USB and then clicking on "reading devices".

(Maybe you need to reboot or check to see if your firewall/HIPS program is blocking some part of the program.)

Version 6.0 immediately recognized my Kindle.

Oh, and I believe I've read somewhere that you must completely uninstall any other versions of the "reader" for 6.0 to work.
Bluesman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:08 PM   #3
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Darn Vista. It made me uninstall 6.2 before it would install 6.0. I rebooted, but "run as administrator" is grayed out. I will try a couple other things, and then just hope Windows 7 fixes all these security blocks. Luckily, I have the PID for my kindle and my daughter's kindle. Regards, Debra
Old 09-25-2009, 03:29 PM   #4
taltman711
taltman711 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
If I remember correctly, 6.0 only recognizes the Kindle with Windows XP. I know that was my case. Vista with 6.0 works, but will not recognize the Kindle.

Tim
taltman711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:15 PM   #5
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Thanks. I wonder if it will work with Windows 7? Oh well, I have the PID, just wondering in case I pick up another reader.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:38 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Thanks. I wonder if it will work with Windows 7? Oh well, I have the PID, just wondering in case I pick up another reader.
Windows 7 has an XP "virtual machine" as a part of it, so when you run a program in XP mode in Windows 7, it really is running on a "real" copy of Windows XP. Anything that works in XP, should therefore work just fine in Windows 7.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:45 PM   #7
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Thanks, Harry! Now I really can't wait until I get Windows 7 installed - more hacking!