Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-18-2009, 05:33 PM   #31
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
A current snapshot of the gang, all eggs and hatchlings unfogged:
Oh cool! You have a little dragon garden
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:31 PM   #32
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Something very odd is going on with those dragons. Yesterday you had a vegetarian white dragon and a stone-eating grey dragon. Today there's a small orange one and a turquoise-coloured one with two sets of wings.
Did the original dragons go away? Or are we talking about dragon abduction? Or have the latest dragons eaten their predecessors?
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2009, 10:26 PM   #33
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Something very odd is going on with those dragons. Yesterday you had a vegetarian white dragon and a stone-eating grey dragon. Today there's a small orange one and a turquoise-coloured one with two sets of wings.
Did the original dragons go away? Or are we talking about dragon abduction? Or have the latest dragons eaten their predecessors?
None of the above. There's a limit to the sig length in MR and the adults wouldn't fit if I wanted to be able to get the newer eggs hatched. If you want to see everyone, try this link: http://dragcave.net/user/nekokami

I think I should have room to add this link to my sig....
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:41 PM   #34
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I joined in.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:42 PM   #35
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
It looks like Easter already. Eggs everywhere.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2009, 10:49 PM   #36
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I killed some dragons.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:50 PM   #37
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Old 01-19-2009, 10:52 PM   #38
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

I like my dragon eggs poached.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:29 AM   #39
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So, did you intentionally kill these? Because they died awfully quickly, if not....
Old 01-20-2009, 10:32 AM   #40
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
yes, it almost doesn't seem possible they could die so fast, or dragons are really really fragile...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:33 AM   #41
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
So, did you intentionally kill these? Because they died awfully quickly, if not....
They were dinner. Yum.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:37 AM   #42
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

I gave my dragons names and wrote some little stories about them:

Xiao Li Zi ("Little Plum") was named for her bright color as well as her love of fruit, especially dried plums with ginseng, which she prefers even to meat during mating season.

Xiao Shi Tou ("Little Stone") has become quite the mathematician, using her collection of different stones as an abacus.

Xiao Bai Yi ("Little White Healer") refuses to eat even plants, subsisting from the nectar of flowering herbs to enhance her healing magic.

Pa Xiu Cao ("Shy Herb") is rarely seen, preferring to tend in secret the healing garden of Xiao Bai Yi, whom he regards as a big sister.

My orange "magi" dragon is named Xiao Wu Shi ("Little wizard") and my skywind dragon is named Xiao He Feng ("Little Breeze"). I haven't named my red dragon hatchling yet, because I don't know its gender. So far all my dragons have been female except for the mint dragon, Pa Xiu Cao.

The Dragon Cave system won't let me input the Chinese characters for their names, or even the tone marks for the Pinyin version of their names. Apparently that's on the "forbidden" list of features, as well, so no point in asking for it. Not that I'd probably bother after the reception I got during the discussion on lineage breeding.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:13 AM   #43
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
I gave my dragons names and wrote some little stories about them:

Xiao Li Zi ("Little Plum") was named for her bright color as well as her love of fruit, especially dried plums with ginseng, which she prefers even to meat during mating season.

Xiao Shi Tou ("Little Stone") has become quite the mathematician, using her collection of different stones as an abacus.

Xiao Bai Yi ("Little White Healer") refuses to eat even plants, subsisting from the nectar of flowering herbs to enhance her healing magic.

Pa Xiu Cao ("Shy Herb") is rarely seen, preferring to tend in secret the healing garden of Xiao Bai Yi, whom he regards as a big sister.

My orange "magi" dragon is named Xiao Wu Shi ("Little wizard") and my skywind dragon is named Xiao He Feng ("Little Breeze"). I haven't named my red dragon hatchling yet, because I don't know its gender. So far all my dragons have been female except for the mint dragon, Pa Xiu Cao.

The Dragon Cave system won't let me input the Chinese characters for their names, or even the tone marks for the Pinyin version of their names. Apparently that's on the "forbidden" list of features, as well, so no point in asking for it. Not that I'd probably bother after the reception I got during the discussion on lineage breeding.
I guess it's a good thing that I haven't fallen for the dragon thing, since I'd probably name them "Evil Bugger" and "You Bastard" and possibly, "AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!"

That and I woould probably be banned for my attitude towards the people in the fora...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:29 AM   #44
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Yeah, there are some rules about what you can name the dragons. I think "bad language" in names gets the dragon killed if a mod notices, and the user gets a warning or gets banned. (It has to do with being a "kid friendly" site, I think.) I don't know if the first two names would qualify. The third would be fine, I suppose.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:46 PM   #45
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
nate the great has twins.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote