Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 12-03-2011, 09:19 PM   #1
valb2953
Enthusiast
valb2953 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad,kindle
ios5 and ibooks

Before I upgraded to 5.0 I could read adobe DRMed books on iPad.That's what I was reading with ibooks,given that I have all exiting ereaders for ipad. Now if I try to read one of those DRMed books,ibooks says that it is an unknown format. Is there any ereader on the ipad that can read this kind of books? Does Adobe have a version of Digital Editions for mobile devices? Valentin Bazavan
valb2953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:46 AM   #2
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
That's odd. I don't think iBooks ever officially supported Adobe ADEPT DRM.

Well Bluefire Reader does support the aforementioned DRM. Though personally I think the best solution is to just cleanse your books of their disgusting DRM and read them in whatever app you like. (sorry, I can't go into any detail)

Last edited by Dylrob; 12-04-2011 at 07:49 AM.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2011, 08:38 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There is no way you ever could read ePub with Adept DRm using iBooks. It's just not possible.

However, you can use BlueFire Reader to read Adobe Adept DRM infected ePub. That will work well.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
drm, ibooks, ios5