Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-13-2011, 09:29 PM   #1
dlw
dlw began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX, Pocket eDGe, Nexus (2012), and now an iPad Air (3)
HA! cheyennedonna is immortalized!

I went googling for images of the eDGe this evening, and there on page 18 of http://www.google.com/search?q=entou...w=1206&bih=591
was cheyennedonna! None of the rest of can make that claim.
dlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:03 PM   #2
geckoFeet
Resident Reptile
geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.

Device: entourage edge
On the contrary, anyone here can make that claim, as long as we're not too concerned about the nature of the person that actually checks it out. You flipped all the way through to page 18? I bet you're a riot at parties.
geckoFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2011, 11:43 PM   #3
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
I don't seem to have the same results. Perhaps they are randomized?
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:55 AM   #4
CheyenneDonna
Connoisseur
CheyenneDonna has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Entourage Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlw View Post
I went googling for images of the eDGe this evening, and there on page 18 of http://www.google.com/search?q=entou...w=1206&bih=591
was cheyennedonna! None of the rest of can make that claim.
That was interesting, I guess I achieved half of my life goals, I'm famous now - but, what happened to rich?
CheyenneDonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:34 AM   #5
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie
Last_of_the_PEs began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PE
Enjoy your fifteen minutes. Wow! I think there are more Entourage pictures in that search than units Entourage ever made!

Now did Steve Jobs get in there with an iPad!?
Last_of_the_PEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2011, 03:31 AM   #6
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
What happened to your twichiness, dlw?? Does this mean no more scalded cat pic?

Speaking of pictures, what the heck is with that poor scuba diving chihuahua, Last??
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:58 AM   #7
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie

No need to fear, UNDERDOG is here! (for the VERY old among us)
Old 06-14-2011, 04:36 AM   #8
Filark
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Speed of lightning . . .
Old 06-14-2011, 05:49 AM   #9
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_of_the_PEs View Post
No need to fear, UNDERDOG is here! (for the VERY old among us)
I received a sew-on Underdog patch for my 5th (?) birthday.
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:59 AM   #10
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
I found Cheyenne on p. 24 and Emusan on p. 45! (I'm even more fun at parties.)
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:54 AM   #11
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
See you all at the party!
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:41 AM   #12
ken_jennings
eDGe User
ken_jennings has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Entourage eDGe
Results vary, I guess. I found her on page 16. Just two spots over from Ahnold the Governator.
ken_jennings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:38 PM   #13
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie

It occurs to me that, with all those DIFFERENT images of the Entourage products, a lot of publications must have covered them. So, what is it that we saw that others didn't for some reason?

I can see where I wouldn't have paid the premium for the PE - I got mine from Woot, but there's no WAY they could have sold normally for $160!

Even with the cheap labor, unitized cost of running the line, and the parts, it would have to cost at least $80 to make one, and all the other costs would drive it up over $200, before profit to Entourage. If Woot had sold the PE for even $200, I doubt I'd have bought one. I would have paid that for the EE though.

I know this was covered to death in another thread, but the pictures caused me to consider this again here. Someone said the eDGe released on top of the iPad. That makes a lot of sense. Both are PREMIUM products -- where extra cost was incurred to provide unique value. Marketing a premium product is different from mass-marketing. Maybe Entourage just picked the wrong strategy because you have to convince people the value is there. Apple has its faithful sheeple who will believe anything Jobs says, so that was easy for them, but Entourage came from nowhere.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:01 PM   #14
dlw
dlw began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX, Pocket eDGe, Nexus (2012), and now an iPad Air (3)
No, I'm not so twichy now, Filark -- haven't smoked for a while. So no scalded cat -- I'll have to find a quiet, refined avatar that reflects serenity with a touch of ironic wit. And thanks for asking.
dlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:23 PM   #15
Filark

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlw View Post
No, I'm not so twichy now, Filark -- haven't smoked for a while. So no scalded cat -- I'll have to find a quiet, refined avatar that reflects serenity with a touch of ironic wit. And thanks for asking.
Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Congratulations!!