Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-10-2010, 11:11 PM   #1
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Prince of Tides - Pat Conroy

Looks like it just came out in ebook - saw it at Sony:
http://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/pat...00000000262449

Excellent Novel! Highly recommended!

(even though I couldn't stomach his latest release - it's like he was trying too hard)
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:21 PM   #2
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Looks like it just came out in ebook - saw it at Sony:
http://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/pat...00000000262449

Excellent Novel! Highly recommended!

(even though I couldn't stomach his latest release - it's like he was trying too hard)
I didn't like "South of Broad," either. In fact, I deleted it off of my reader when I finished it because I knew I wasn't interested in reading it again. If it had a saving grace at all, though, it was the first couple of pages in which he describes Charleston. A little over the top, but a joy to read. Downhill after that, though. :-(

Re: Prince of Tides -- I liked it better than South of Broad, but sometimes the whole dysfunctional family theme just wears thin with me. The man can write, no doubt about it, but that's just not my cup of tea.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2010, 08:09 AM   #3
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Looks like maybe his entire catalog has been released as Ebooks -- The Great Santini, and others are there as well, great stuff.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:46 AM   #4
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Pat Conroy is one of my favorites. I've read them all and watched the movies. Even the early stuff like The Water is Wide is very good.

Pat graduated from the same school as I did although he was 10 years before me. The school is The Citadel and it is loosely written about in The Lords of Discipline.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote