Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-01-2010, 06:02 PM   #1
shirleyellenp
shirleyellenp began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 600
Trouble with Error Page on a download to my Reader

Hi, I'm loving our Sony Reader and haven't had any trouble getting the books from the eStore to my computer or from my computer library to the reader until I found that although the Reader says "Morgan's Run" is in the reader library, when I go to open it, it says "Page Error", with an ! in a triangle.
There's no error number, just that. When I click on option and then info it shows
Title Morgan's Run
Author Colleen McCullough
Date 1-12010
Size 775.1 KB
Path database/media/books/Morgan's Run_1.epub
Digital Rights Full, viewable.

I've tried deleting in both the reader library and computer library and downloading to both again, but still get the same "Error Page" message.

Any ideas what the problem could be?
shirleyellenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:38 PM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirleyellenp View Post
Hi, I'm loving our Sony Reader and haven't had any trouble getting the books from the eStore to my computer or from my computer library to the reader until I found that although the Reader says "Morgan's Run" is in the reader library, when I go to open it, it says "Page Error", with an ! in a triangle.
There's no error number, just that. When I click on option and then info it shows
Title Morgan's Run
Date 1-12010
Size 775.1 KB
Path database/media/books/Morgan's Run_1.epub
Digital Rights Full, viewable.

I've tried deleting in both the reader library and computer library and downloading to both again, but still get the same "Error Page" message.

Any ideas what the problem could be?
Hmmm. Sounds like you purchased it okay from the Sony store, right?

Can you open it in the Sony Library Application?

Did you register your Reader?

Oh and Welcome to MR!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2010, 07:02 PM   #3
shirleyellenp

Thanks for the reply and the welcome kennyc.

Yes, the book was purchased through the Sony Store.
I can read it on the computer if I want because it's there in the library.
It even shows that it's in the Reader Library but when I go to open it on the Reader, I get the Page Error.

I haven't had any trouble with any of the others that I've bought and downloaded to the computer & Reader.
I am wondering if it's the size. At 775.1KB it's the largest of the books I've tried loading to the Reader.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:04 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Thanks for the reply and the welcome kennyc.

Yes, the book was purchased through the Sony Store.
I can read it on the computer if I want because it's there in the library.
It even shows that it's in the Reader Library but when I go to open it on the Reader, I get the Page Error.

I haven't had any trouble with any of the others that I've bought and downloaded to the computer & Reader.
I am wondering if it's the size. At 775.1KB it's the largest of the books I've tried loading to the Reader.
That's not very big. Is this the only book it is doing it with? If so, it's probably a problem with the book file.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:46 PM   #5
shirleyellenp

Sorry, not sure what you mean by the book file or what I would do about fixing it. The file on the computer seems alright since I'm able to access the book through my computer library. I just can't view it on the reader.

Funny that it says Page Error. Have you ever seen or heard of anything like that before?
Advert
Old 01-01-2010, 07:49 PM   #6
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
That's not very big. Is this the only book it is doing it with? If so, it's probably a problem with the book file.
That's kind what I'm think too, if that is the case, maybe try downloading it again from Sony. ??
Old 01-01-2010, 07:50 PM   #7
kennyc

Quote:
Sorry, not sure what you mean by the book file or what I would do about fixing it. The file on the computer seems alright since I'm able to access the book through my computer library. I just can't view it on the reader.

Funny that it says Page Error. Have you ever seen or heard of anything like that before?
I think I've only seen that when there is a problem with the file(book).
Old 01-01-2010, 08:52 PM   #8
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:

Welcome to MR, shirleyellenp

Just a quick question... Is your Reader authorized in ADE?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:00 AM   #9
shirleyellenp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Welcome to MR, shirleyellenp

Just a quick question... Is your Reader authorized in ADE?
No it doesn't seem to be. There is one book on ADE that I downloaded for free from the Bookstore.
None of the other books I've bought are on it. The free one was the first book I downloaded. I don't see my Reader on ADE.

It's odd though because I haven't had any trouble with any of the other books that I've gotten either before or after the trouble with Morgan's Run.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:03 PM   #10
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hum... no other problems with the other books.

Have you tried redownloading just that one book?
Old 01-02-2010, 03:30 PM   #11
shirleyellenp

Yes several times as a matter of fact.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:43 PM   #12
kennyc

I'm thinking there may be a formatting (or some such) error in the book that is showing up only on the reader and the built in Library viewer handles it okay. ...

Which Sony Reader do you have?

Have you contacted Sony? If not maybe an email to support?

Maybe someone else can either confirm or deny?

Oops, sorry I guess you already said that (book title).

Title Morgan's Run

ANYONE ELSE PURCHASE THIS?

Last edited by kennyc; 01-02-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:02 PM   #13
dreams
It's about the umbrella

hum...
you have Reader Library 3.1
you have ADE
you purchased Morgan's Run from the Sony store?
Morgan's Run shows up in which? The Reader Library or ADE?

I picked up "Atomic Lobster" for free from the Sony Library and it shows as ePub in the Reader Library but not in my ADE.

I just hooked up my Reader, opened Reader Library, and dropped it onto my 505. It opens and I can read it.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:06 PM   #14
kennyc

I'm tempted to buy it myself. Price is good (even better at Amazon), reviews are good. But I'm still wondering about which Sony Reader is having problems.

It might not prove anything to download to my 505 if it's not the same model and software version.

Last edited by kennyc; 01-02-2010 at 04:12 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:17 PM   #15
kennyc

Hmmm, just did a search on it and found it at Lulu as well for the same price as Amazon - $6.39 in epub

http://www.lulu.com/product/e-book/m...-novel/5908537

full search:

http://inkmesh.com/ebooks/morgans-ru...een+McCullough