Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-01-2009, 11:30 PM   #1
formerroadie
Bada Bing
formerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
PRS-600 out of stock

Wow, The 600 is out of stock at Sonystyle already.... should I have expected that?
formerroadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:46 AM   #2
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature, 2TB iPad Pro 11”
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerroadie View Post
Wow, The 600 is out of stock at Sonystyle already.... should I have expected that?
My local store sold their 6 units in 2 hours....don't you have one on the way?
DougFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2009, 09:43 AM   #3
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
There has been a temporary recall to either insert a warranty card into the box or do a firmware update. No one is quite sure which is correct. It could be both. They should be available again in th near future.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:39 AM   #4
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
There has been a temporary recall to either insert a warranty card into the box or do a firmware update. No one is quite sure which is correct. It could be both. They should be available again in th near future.
Is this for all units and all models both on internet AND in Stores? That's kind of a suspicious reason
Old 09-02-2009, 10:48 AM   #5
Zero9
Zealot
Zero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Touch
I'm waiting for it to come to SonyRewards.com (has said "Temporarily Out Of Stock" ever since it first showed up there). I have some points saved up from buying my PRS-505 for -$50
Zero9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2009, 11:37 AM   #6
DougFNJ
Avid Reader

Just a note, I'll post this in the News Article post about the recalls as well, my local Sonystyle Store in Menlo Park Mall, Edison NJ has Black ones in stock. I asked about the recall, she said they only had to send the red ones back, the first delivery of black they sold out the first 2 hours, and they are absolutely allowed to sell them now.

If you are REALLY wanting one, maybe you could pay them over the phone and have them ship it out? Don't know if they would charge you shipping, but you would most certainly have to pay the 7% sales tax. I don't know if I'm allowed to post their phone number but Store Number is 732-603-2131 press 1 for sales. if that's not allowed, mods please delete.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:51 AM   #7
dynabook
Techno-geek
dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1 (Black), PRS-T3S (Black), Kobo Aura ONE
I had one on back-order from SonyStyle and kind MR member lisreed mentioned that Abt Electronics has them in stock for $284 and no tax or shipping. I cancelled my order and placed an order with Abt posthaste. I went through the same thing ordering my 505 more than a year ago.

Very satisfied with Abt's service.
dynabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:57 AM   #8
pking36330
FT Parent PT Reader
pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Shocked by how much I've read on an iPod Touch received as a gift!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero9 View Post
I'm waiting for it to come to SonyRewards.com (has said "Temporarily Out Of Stock" ever since it first showed up there). I have some points saved up from buying my PRS-505 for -$50
Don't wait too long, I got an email last Friday that Sony Rewards is closing shop in November. Just the Sony Rewards affinity store is closing, not Sony Style or anything else.
pking36330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:08 PM   #9
Zero9
Zealot
Zero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pking36330 View Post
Don't wait too long, I got an email last Friday that Sony Rewards is closing shop in November. Just the Sony Rewards affinity store is closing, not Sony Style or anything else.
Yikes! Well, I would think PRS-600's would show up before Novemember. If they don't, I'll be sure to spend my points on something else before then. Thanks for the headsup!
Zero9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:13 PM   #10
Faenad
Ad astra per aspera
Faenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300 & HTC HD2
Well, having the new readers out of stock should allow me to wait for some reviews of them and also of competitors upcoming devices. I'm not sure I would have waited otherwise if they were in stock
Faenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:45 PM   #11
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by pking36330 View Post
pking--Are you sure that the Sony Rewards program is closing? I got an e-mail on Monday stating that they were going to discontinue the "Sony Rewards Marketplace" , but no mention of the total Sony Rewards program being discontinued. I hope this isn't the case! I've been using my Sony Visa for quite a while--in fact that's how I "paid" for my 505 and my husband's "700". I'm now trying to decide whether I want to use my points for a new 600.

I just sent Sony a question regarding this, and will report back with any answer that I get.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:12 PM   #12
formerroadie
Bada Bing
formerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougFNJ View Post
My local store sold their 6 units in 2 hours....don't you have one on the way?
I have it. Been reading on it and prepping for a review. I think i will write it today and post picture, especially since I have my cover now
Old 09-02-2009, 02:14 PM   #13
Grandma Aubbie
Grandma Aubbie
Grandma Aubbie doesn't litterGrandma Aubbie doesn't litterGrandma Aubbie doesn't litter

Device: sony 600
I noticed they are IN STOCK this morning on Amazon - except the red.
Grandma Aubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:16 PM   #14
pking36330
FT Parent PT Reader
pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Shocked by how much I've read on an iPod Touch received as a gift!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
pking--Are you sure that the Sony Rewards program is closing? I got an e-mail on Monday stating that they were going to discontinue the "Sony Rewards Marketplace" , but no mention of the total Sony Rewards program being discontinued. I hope this isn't the case! I've been using my Sony Visa for quite a while--in fact that's how I "paid" for my 505 and my husband's "700". I'm now trying to decide whether I want to use my points for a new 600.

I just sent Sony a question regarding this, and will report back with any answer that I get.

dordale
dordale, I hope I didn't scare you, you are probably correct. I don't use either and so promptly deleted the email, so I'm relatively certain it must have been the same one you received. Sorry for the confusion.
pking36330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:26 PM   #15
formerroadie
Bada Bing

Best Buy is out of all colors online and Amazon is out of red.