Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 06-24-2008, 06:56 AM   #1
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Thumbs up I've ordered a Cybook Gen3

Finally! Today, after a prolonged courtship, I've ordered the Cybook (and the cover) from Apolloxxi.com. I'm looking forward for its arrival!

It should come with the Essential Library Vol. 1, for free.

Last edited by Over; 06-24-2008 at 04:12 PM.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:06 AM   #2
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Congratulations. you are going to love it.
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2008, 04:11 PM   #3
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks! I hope so.

Apollo sent me an email, telling me that they sent the Cybook this afternoon and it should arrive here tomorrow. Wow, that would be fast!

I should go buy a 2GB SD card (7-10€) and start converting a few comics, to go along my new eBooks.

Ah, the joy of trying something for the first time.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:45 AM   #4
Over
Wizard

Aaargh... I hope I will receive it tomorrow. They've sent it through SEUR and gave me a number so that I could track the order, but in SEUR's site nothing appears. I've sent an email (to Apolloxxi.com) and after a few hours they replied to me that they are still trying to know what happened and will keep me informed.

Paranoia alert!

Damn.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:59 PM   #5
Over
Wizard

Well, it seems SEUR tried to deliver my Cybook at my home, this afternoon. I've called them and they can't leave it at my nearest mail post. They sugested to deliver at my work place, but I don't know the address! lol So I had to schedule the delivery for Friday, when I'll be home earlier.

Tough luck!

Ordered yesterday, arrived today. Can only pick it up Friday.

and
Advert
Old 06-28-2008, 05:32 PM   #6
Loopy65
Groupie
Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3; iPad & iPhone 4
ahhh yes ... I remember all the 'anticipation' well! lol .. rather you than me!

Hoping that by now it's in your hands and being read? ..

Still thoroughly enjoying mine more than six months on .. I moan a bit about the bits that don't work but all in all still an excellent piece of kit .. loving reading more than I ever have ..

Loopy
Loopy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:50 PM   #7
Over
Wizard

I've got it this friday and I'm completely charmed with the device. The only significant flaw I can point out is its library: I really wish it could support folders, instead of mixing everything (ebooks, pictures, etc).

Now my only problem is to manage my e and pbooks reading. But in a few months my pbooks pile will be finished and I'll be a 95% exckusive ebook reader
Old 06-29-2008, 04:54 PM   #8
Loopy65
Groupie
Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3; iPad & iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
I've got it this friday and I'm completely charmed with the device. The only significant flaw I can point out is its library: I really wish it could support folders, instead of mixing everything (ebooks, pictures, etc).

Now my only problem is to manage my e and pbooks reading. But in a few months my pbooks pile will be finished and I'll be a 95% exckusive ebook reader
congrats on the new arrival and glad it's working out well

I decided to ditch the p/backs I had left to read and would purchase them as e-books if I really wanted them ..

Fictionwise is working out so economically for me that I am getting loads more books for my buck than with the p/backs anyways

Happy Reading!!

Loopy
Loopy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:58 AM   #9
greeny
greeny began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
Congratulations on your new toy. I've had mine now for about 3 weeks and absolutely love it to bits. I can't put the damned thing down :-) I have done the same as Loopy65 by buying the ebooks of any paperbacks I still have to read. Fictionwise is a brilliant site and when you join their club ($30) you get such a good discount that I got that money back in 2 days!!! Would fully recommend them to you

Happy reading guys
greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 06:05 AM   #10
Over
Wizard

That's what I thought, guys. But when I said "pile", I really mean a BIG pile of imported books (the shipping costs alone would allow me to buy another equal pile!). And half of them don't have an eletronic version, unfortunately.

Happy reading!