Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-08-2014, 07:52 PM   #1
shakey_hands
shakey_hands began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo
Unhappy organising files

Hi guys

ive got a glo with 3.2.0 system. I want to know if there is a good way to organize the files on my kobo glo.
I use manly .PDFs for uni. I would like to have a very organized system of folders etc t place various .PDFs in.
im a little disappointed that i cant just drag folders from my computer into the glo. the glo wont recognize the folders.
The my collections feature is very time consuming when you want to create many 'collections'.

is there any way to help me?

please ask if you need further clarification of my situation.

Adam
shakey_hands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:09 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
How you organise the files doesn't matter. The firmware reads them, puts the details into a database and presents that as a list. Plus you have collections you can put the books into.

Folders on the device should work. Nearly all my books are in folders. The only reason they shouldn't be processed is if the name starts with a dot. It's possible that there are some other characters in the names that might prevent the folder or book being seen, but, if you are copying from a Windows system, that is unlikely.

I do all my book management from calibre. The driver for the Glo can create the collections for the books. And the default file name uses a sub-folder for each author. The Glo has no problem with this. Calibre will also make sure there are no illegal characters in the file name.

So, what happens when you put the folder on the Glo? When you disconnect, do you see the processing screen?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2014, 10:31 PM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
If you use calibre there is a fairly simple way to simulate your folders.
Import the books from one folder. Add a tag in calibre for that set of books using bulk edit.
Repeat for next folder.

Then use calibre to send them to the Kobo. A lot faster than manually creating them. No subfolders although you can use a hierarchal system.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, glo, help!, kobo, problem