Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-22-2013, 06:24 AM   #1
mont555
mont555 began at the beginning.

Device: ADE in my computer
Sigil 0.7.0 Error in Windows Xp

Hello,

It's been several days trying to run the new Sigil update but with no joy. I reckon I will have to go back to the 0.6.2 version, which depresses me a bit, reading so many good things about the new version.

I've been uninstalling and installing again different programs such Calibre, the antivirus software, I also had a codex for windows 7 pack uninstalled, all to no avail.

My only suspicion now is that, maybe, there is some incompatibility with Open Office Apache, I'm not sure. I'm saying that because I read somewhere in the forum some issues with python files and OO has it. But I cannot uninstall it.

This is the error:
AppName: sigil.exe AppVer: 0.7.0.0 ModName: qt5gui.dll
ModVer: 5.0.1.0 Offset: 000055f0

I hope this might be an easy issue to solve, I don't know.

Many thanks
mont555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:44 AM   #2
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
How very odd. My XP box was unable to use any version of 0.6.x, though 0.5.3 and now 0.7.0 work just fine.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2013, 09:10 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
@mont555
Libre office 4 just installed (was 3.6) and no Sigil 7 crashes
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:09 PM   #4
yekim54
What the Dog Saw
yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Surface3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mont555 View Post
It's been several days trying to run the new Sigil update but with no joy. I reckon I will have to go back to the 0.6.2 version, which depresses me a bit, reading so many good things about the new version.

This is the error:
AppName: sigil.exe AppVer: 0.7.0.0 ModName: qt5gui.dll
ModVer: 5.0.1.0 Offset: 000055f0
Yep, that's the same error I've been getting on two of my Windows XP SP3 systems (see my post in another thread). Both of those computers only have 1 GB RAM. On a third Windows XP system with 2 GB RAM, Sigil 0.7.0 installs and runs fine.

How much RAM do you have on your system?
yekim54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:44 PM   #5
Thane1
Connoisseur
Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by yekim54 View Post
How much RAM do you have on your system?
I also have the Crash when lanuched issue (windows XP sp3), I have under a gig of system memory.
Thane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2013, 04:01 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
XP SP3 2G RAM

Sigil can take over 30 seconds to do anything (no visual feedback) if I launch it from the context menu (Open With)

If I direct Launch (no file)
Then it takes 10 seconds for the Taskbar and another 3 for the GUI.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote