Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-13-2013, 02:46 AM   #1
tangpuss
tangpuss herds cats with both ease and gracetangpuss herds cats with both ease and gracetangpuss herds cats with both ease and gracetangpuss herds cats with both ease and gracetangpuss herds cats with both ease and gracetangpuss herds cats with both ease and gracetangpuss herds cats with both ease and gracetangpuss herds cats with both ease and gracetangpuss herds cats with both ease and gracetangpuss herds cats with both ease and gracetangpuss herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Am I missing something? Kindle Paperwhite Jailbroken

Hi,

Just want to first thank everyone for the jailbreak and work that went into it. I did the JB for paperwhite (ixtab's version) and then I installed usbnet. Got some ethernet over usb working and can ssh into my kindle. When I ssh in I see this:

tangpuss@straylight:~/.ssh$ ssh root@192.168.15.244
#################################################
# N O T I C E * N O T I C E * N O T I C E #
Rootfs is mounted read-only. Invoke mntroot rw to
switch back to a writable rootfs.
[root@kindle root]# ls
[root@kindle root]# ls -al
drwx------ 3 root root 60 Jan 13 00:21 .
drwxrwxrwx 5 root root 180 Jan 13 00:32 ..
drwx------ 3 root root 60 Jan 13 00:21 .local
[root@kindle root]#

Am I missing something?

Last edited by tangpuss; 01-13-2013 at 03:03 AM. Reason: I'm a dumbass
tangpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:47 AM   #2
tangpuss
tangpuss herds cats with both ease and gracetangpuss herds cats with both ease and gracetangpuss herds cats with both ease and gracetangpuss herds cats with both ease and gracetangpuss herds cats with both ease and gracetangpuss herds cats with both ease and gracetangpuss herds cats with both ease and gracetangpuss herds cats with both ease and gracetangpuss herds cats with both ease and gracetangpuss herds cats with both ease and gracetangpuss herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Nevermind I'm a dumbass ;D That's what I get for doing this after a party and drunk...

Spoiler:
cd .. (LOL)

I still want to thank everyone who put work into this jailbreak! That part remains, ignore the rest

Last edited by tangpuss; 01-13-2013 at 03:03 AM.
tangpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert