Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-13-2012, 12:22 AM   #1
whooleeo
whooleeo can extract oil from cheesewhooleeo can extract oil from cheesewhooleeo can extract oil from cheesewhooleeo can extract oil from cheesewhooleeo can extract oil from cheesewhooleeo can extract oil from cheesewhooleeo can extract oil from cheesewhooleeo can extract oil from cheesewhooleeo can extract oil from cheese

Device: Nexus 7, Nook
Exclamation apostrophes in folder names breaks Nook app for Android

Hi folks - I think this is not news to many of you, but when you move folders containing apostrophes in the name into your MyDocuments on Android, the Nook app will show duplicate covers (sometimes dozens of duplicates).

If you edit the folders so that there are no apostrophes, this problem goes away. It is only the folder names, not the file names themselves.

This is a bug in the Nook app for Android, but I would like to find a solution in Calibre. I've been using Calibre for a long time, but I am by no means a power user or expert.

I am looking at save to disk templates, etc., but I don't see a way to have Calibre NOT use apostrophes either in its own directories, or in the Save to Disk directories.

Is there a way to tell Calibre to ignore or use a different character in folders when saving to disk?

PS Kovid I love Calibre, thanks for your hard work!
whooleeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:23 PM   #2
whooleeo
whooleeo can extract oil from cheesewhooleeo can extract oil from cheesewhooleeo can extract oil from cheesewhooleeo can extract oil from cheesewhooleeo can extract oil from cheesewhooleeo can extract oil from cheesewhooleeo can extract oil from cheesewhooleeo can extract oil from cheesewhooleeo can extract oil from cheese

Device: Nexus 7, Nook
Talking

I found the template function re(arg1,arg2) and i think this is the one I need, but I'm not sure how to build a python compliant regular expression to replace an apostrophe with "nothing". Any pointers are appreciated!

edit: found it. use the following in your save to disk template to remove apostrophes from the file and folder names of your books:

{author_sort:re(',)}/{title:re(',)}/{title:re(',)} - {authors:re(',)}

This will prevent you from getting the nook app bug in Android.

Good luck!

Last edited by whooleeo; 08-13-2012 at 08:58 PM.
whooleeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert