Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-30-2009, 12:36 AM   #1
SteveK
Addict
SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PW2, Kindle3, Kobo Glo, tablets, phone
"Deauthorizing" Reader in Adobe Digital Editions

Is it possible to de-authorize a Sony PRS-505 in Adobe Digital Editions? I was easily able to do so in Sony's software, but could not find a way to do it in ADE. If it's not possible to de-authorize, can ADE have more than one account authorization? I inadvertently activated a friend's reader on my computer and now need to de-activate the ADE authorization so the reader doesn't show up as belonging to me.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

SteveK
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:38 AM   #2
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
In ADE with the reader attached (and showing up in ADE), press the magic key incantation: Ctrl-Shift-E, and the deactivation dialog should show up.

--
-jim
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2009, 02:13 PM   #3
dasym
Connoisseur
dasym began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, Kindle. iPad 3
Is there any way to de-authorize a reader that you don't have any more? My first one had to be replaced after two weeks.
dasym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 05:22 PM   #4
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasym View Post
Is there any way to de-authorize a reader that you don't have any more? My first one had to be replaced after two weeks.
No, but then again it wouldn't do anything for you as deauthorizing a device (or computer for that matter) does not increase your activation allowance, which slowly increases over time to account for lost damaged or sold devices/computers.
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 05:44 PM   #5
dasym
Connoisseur
dasym began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, Kindle. iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lester View Post
No, but then again it wouldn't do anything for you as deauthorizing a device (or computer for that matter) does not increase your activation allowance, which slowly increases over time to account for lost damaged or sold devices/computers.
Ah, I didn't know that; can't find anything about it in the help, which just says you can transfer items to "up to six computers or supported mobile devices".
dasym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2009, 05:52 PM   #6
SteveK
Addict
SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PW2, Kindle3, Kobo Glo, tablets, phone
Jim - Thanks for the information. There's certainly nothing intuitive about that key combination! Is that information buried deep in the ADE documentation somewhere? I'm certainly glad to know that I can deauthorize my friend's device if she chooses. Having ADE registered to my account prevented her from reading library books she borrowed. Isn't DRM wonderful?

Thanks again.
SteveK
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 07:02 PM   #7
thibaulthalpern
Evangelist
thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: my two eyes, KLiiK, Sony PRS-700
How can I deauthorise on OS X? I want to deauthorise one computer and reauthorise it with another ID.
thibaulthalpern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 07:22 PM   #8
ahintz
Zealot
ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle PW/iPhone5/iPad (3)/Nook ST
Command+Shift+D will allow you to deauthorize a computer in DE for Mac. Control+Shift+D will do the same in Windows.
ahintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:04 PM   #9
jen6060
Connoisseur
jen6060 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs505 (given away); Sony prs300; Nook
Authorise 2 devices?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lester View Post
In ADE with the reader attached (and showing up in ADE), press the magic key incantation: Ctrl-Shift-E, and the deactivation dialog should show up.

--
-jim
Hi - Thanks for this. Is it possible to authorise 2 readers on ADE? I had to give my sony prs505 to my mum in law. I had bought the iRiver as a present for her but she can't take to it as keyboard small etc. Right now I should deactivate the 505 and pair the iRiver reader. But last night i was stumped on how to authorise second device. I'll try what you suggested, but on the off chance that I dont like the iRiver and I buy a second Sony, I'm still wondering if I can have 2 devices on ADE. Thanks so much
jen6060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:07 PM   #10
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen6060 View Post
I'm still wondering if I can have 2 devices on ADE.
You can have 6 desktops (Windows or Mac) plus 6 dedicated reading devices, so you should be well under the limit so far.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:32 PM   #11
hwatts
hwatts began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
Unhappy Adobe Digital Editions and PRS 505 problems

Need help!! I was using my reader with no problems including being able to download books from my public library. Then I plugged another new reader to charge it for my mother and since this I have had problems.

When I connect my reader it does not show up in ADE anymore, with no option to add it. Also, when I download from the public library now it tries to open the book in Adobe Professional.

FYI Reader library communicated with prs 505 and I can purchase book using this software. I have uninstalled both reader library and ADE and updated firmware still no luck
Oh my OS is Windows 7 home premium 64 bit.
Thanks in advance.
hwatts
hwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:19 AM   #12
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Thanks Jim for the information. I will be adding it to the help Index on my Sony Forum!
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:45 AM   #13
rmm200
Groupie
rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
You can have 6 desktops (Windows or Mac) plus 6 dedicated reading devices, so you should be well under the limit so far.
The text on the Adobe web site is: You can activate up to six computers and devices.

I read this as six activations total, any combination of PCs and devices. Where can I find the 6 + 6 limit?

Thanks!

Robert
rmm200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:54 PM   #14
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmm200 View Post
I read this as six activations total, any combination of PCs and devices. Where can I find the 6 + 6 limit?
I linked to the location in the Sony Reader Library support pages in this post - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...08&postcount=9
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:24 PM   #15
rmm200
Groupie
rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Thanks Gwyn. I would feel a lot more comfortable with the answer if Adobe said the same thing.

The Sony reader does not enforce the limits (Adobe does), and can not fix it if you run over (Adobe does). I don't actually trust the Sony reader for anything - I don't even let it run on my PC. I use Calibre and Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) for anything activation related.

Robert
rmm200 is offline   Reply With Quote