Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-11-2008, 08:22 PM   #1
fekg
fekg began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 500, 505 & 700
eBook Library v2.5 (works on x64!)

Not sure if this has been posted already, if it has my apologies!

Fired up ereader a while back to be notified of the new 2.5 release. upgraded and checked it still worked....

Went onto my x64 Vista box and installed it there also. the installer works - no need for the workaround posted here anymore!!

I'm somewhat amazed they actually sorted this out but it makes me happy - i assume this will mean less messing around for future updates also.

took em long enuff....

s.
fekg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 08:52 PM   #2
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
I'm so mad at them for this. Black Friday, I bought an HP laptop and chose the 32 instead of the 64 and the reader software was one of the reasons for that decision. I received the laptop on This Monday!

Last edited by Lilly; 12-12-2008 at 06:31 PM.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2008, 04:39 PM   #3
htw
htw began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
"Starting with version 2.5, the eBook Library software is now compatible with 64-bit versions of Windows Vista for the PRS-505 and PRS-700 series of the Digital Readers. If your computer uses a Vista 64-bit operating system, please download and install the newest version from our website at:

http://ebookstore.sony.com/download

Our new eBook Library software is not compatible with 64-bit versions of Windows XP and does not add support for Vista 64-bit on the original PRS-500 series. However, the PRS-500 Reader does not require you to install the eBook Library software to load or view supported files. The Reader supports both Sony's Memory Stick and SD Memory Card media for direct file transfer. Simply insert media containing files you wish to view and any compatible content will automatically be displayed in your book list regardless of your installed operating system."

Last edited by htw; 12-12-2008 at 04:45 PM.
htw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 04:41 PM   #4
htw
htw began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
BTW $50 off on PRS 505 this weekend (was $299.99 now $249.99)
Sorry - It's an instore (Sony Style Store) promotion only! Not on the Website

Last edited by htw; 12-12-2008 at 06:04 PM.
htw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 05:06 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by htw View Post
BTW $50 off on PRS 505 this weekend (was $299.99 now $249.99)
www.sonystyle.com
I just don't see it. Where do you see it? Please post a specific link and not just a general purpose link. Thanks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2008, 08:37 PM   #6
Aurora W
Addict
Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-950, iPad, Nexus 7
It updated on my Vista running laptop a few days ago - runs very, very nice.

Now if I could just get Sony to come out with a Mac version...
Aurora W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 07:03 AM   #7
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Inaccurate - if you own a PRS 500 it doesn't work for you :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by fekg View Post
Not sure if this has been posted already, if it has my apologies!

Fired up ereader a while back to be notified of the new 2.5 release. upgraded and checked it still worked....

Went onto my x64 Vista box and installed it there also. the installer works - no need for the workaround posted here anymore!!

I'm somewhat amazed they actually sorted this out but it makes me happy - i assume this will mean less messing around for future updates also.

took em long enuff....

s.
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote