Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-18-2008, 04:04 PM   #1
DojoPat
literature lover
DojoPat has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Ereader PRS-505 & PRS-300
Question calibre sometimes creating very big files

A couple of times when I have used calibre to convert small books of poetry (say 500kb) the LRF end-result created by calibre is very big = 2.5 MB and difficult to use in the Reader. The LRF books are still legible, but have lots of extra blank lines and page-turns take forever.

This happened first when I tried to create an LRF of one book from a text format, and again this week when I did a Mobipocket .prc conversion to LRF.

Has anyone else encountered this, or is there something simple I should do
so that the files are not so big?

I am not deliberately adding blank lines, but
perhaps the many "end-line" and "end-paragraph" characters in poetry books
are confusing calibre?
DojoPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:15 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You should open a ticket and attach the offending books
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2008, 04:48 PM   #3
DojoPat
literature lover
DojoPat has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Ereader PRS-505 & PRS-300
Thanks - I just opened a ticket, and sent a $15 donation (using my PayPal acount) , since I appreciate calibre very much.

Cheerio!
DojoPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 01:06 PM   #4
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPad Pro, Fire 8", iPhone, PaperWhite 2
Poetry is tough to format. I have done a few of Robert Service's books. For the most recent I have been using calibre and imputing an html file. A very basic html file.

Use this to format a page break:
<span style="page-break-after: always"></span>

<p> will indent the first line. Use <br> if you don't want that. Use <br> to force a line break.

I have deleted all the <font> code and let calibre set the size.
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote