Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-10-2011, 02:34 PM   #1
shinew
Addict
shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 Touch, iPad2, Samsung Galaxy S II
recommendation for the thinest & lightest kindle case?

Does anyone have any recommendations for an ultra light & thin Kindle 4 case/sleeve/pouch? Basically I just want to have some minor protection for the screen from scratching. I like the new kindle's weight and size for carrying so I'm not willing to sacrifice its portability for protection.

oh, also my budget is under $20... yea I know i'm cheap but I'm refusing to spend anymore than that for a $79/$99 device (pre-ordered the Touch too). Anymore than that I would rather go with the 2-year accidental protection plan.
shinew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:09 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinew View Post
Does anyone have any recommendations for an ultra light & thin Kindle 4 case/sleeve/pouch? Basically I just want to have some minor protection for the screen from scratching. I like the new kindle's weight and size for carrying so I'm not willing to sacrifice its portability for protection.

oh, also my budget is under $20... yea I know i'm cheap but I'm refusing to spend anymore than that for a $79/$99 device (pre-ordered the Touch too). Anymore than that I would rather go with the 2-year accidental protection plan.
Well I am using a Ex-Point Leather Sleeve that I paid $7 on ebay for.
It's made for the Kobo Touch but it fits the K4 perfectly. It's thin and light weight. It's a soft leather so protection isn't the best but it works to keep dirt , dust, cat hair and the screen from being scratched. There is one with magnetic strap and one without. The one without the strap, the kindle can fall out of but I am leery of using magnets near a device.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2011, 03:13 PM   #3
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
Check your nearest Staples or Office Max. They have zippered leather cases intended for organizers for around $10. I have one. I also have a zippered nylon and EVA hard case my son got for my K3 for $8 on Amazon. Just don't look at Amazon's main offerings. Do a search.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:46 PM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:53 PM   #5
shinew
Addict
shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

cool thanks! the ex point case looks like something I had in mind. I'll also check out Staples, don't see any officeMax in NYC.
Advert
Old 10-10-2011, 09:02 PM   #6
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post

Brings back old High School memories.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:59 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
cool thanks! the ex point case looks like something I had in mind. I'll also check out Staples, don't see any officeMax in NYC.
It's definitely nice leather not cheap at all. They were originally cases sold at Borders for the Kobo Touch and were brought out when the stores closed. It retailed at $26.99 so $7 dollar was a good deal. If you buy on eBay just make sure they have good feedback. I won mine in an auction and the person had like 28 feedback points but it was 100% positive but I don't recommend taking that risk on high priced items. Any case or sleeve made for the Kobo Touch will work for the K4 as they are the same size.

Kindle 4: 6.5" x 4.5" x 0.34"
Kobo Touch: 6.5" x 4.5" x 0.4"
Old 10-11-2011, 12:28 AM   #8
shinew
Addict

I just bought one from amazon, I think it's the same one. too lazy to go to staples

$9 bucks shipped not bad! thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846
Old 10-11-2011, 12:35 AM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I just bought one from amazon, I think it's the same one. too lazy to go to staples

$9 bucks shipped not bad! thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846
Yep that's the same one! I checked the insert that came with it.
$9 is a good deal!
Old 06-20-2012, 11:14 PM   #10
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveWestbk View Post
[Post deleted by moderator]

If you are going to plug something, at least make sure the URL is correct.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 06-21-2012 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Remove quote of deleted post.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote