Notices

Old 02-02-2012, 05:36 PM   #1
pjetro
pjetro began at the beginning.

Device: none
Kindle Touch - PDF in landscape mode?

Hi everyone,

A question forKT users:
I did find the information, that its possible to rotate the screen in KT, but is it usable/comfortable to read that way? Especially when reading PDFs? Or too many bugs etc?

Im trying to decide which version of Kindle to buy, and probably >50% I'll be reading textbooks in PDF - preferably landscape

Thanks,
Pjetro
pjetro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:32 AM   #2
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
I didn't think the Kindle Touch had landscape mode.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2012, 04:20 AM   #3
pjetro
pjetro began at the beginning.

Device: none
According to some posts here - it is, usually after performing jailBreak and some software modifications. The question is - do these hacks work well?
pjetro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:00 AM   #4
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjetro View Post
According to some posts here - it is, usually after performing jailBreak and some software modifications. The question is - do these hacks work well?
They generally work well enough, assuming you don't mess something up in the process of hacking. If you plan to use them, read the instructions. Then read the instructions again.

Then read them once more. And then again for good measure.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:07 AM   #5
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjetro View Post
I was speaking strictly of the Kindle out of the box. The Touch does not do landscape. I don't do the hacking thing so I wouldn't know. I don't personally see a need for it nor would I risk bricking my device so it's not a road I travel. Sorry.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2012, 04:21 PM   #6
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I am hoping they'll add this along with an update. It's an obvious omission, and KT seems unfinished in a few respects (no localized UI as compared with K4, and lack of announced K8 support). PDF support on KT is otherwise much better than previous Kindles (better performance, PDF bookmark and link support, TTS).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote