Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 05-01-2011, 09:41 PM   #1
MNR
MNR began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle - iPad
Sync Apple ePub with a Kindle

Hi everyone !

I'm always reading my ebooks on my kindle and I usually buy my english ebooks on amazon. I love my kindle !I like to read french books (I am a french expat living in the USA), but Amazon is poorly furnished with those kinds of ebooks (they have ... nothing). But we have an iPad at home and I've just discovered yesterday that Apple is selling on his store french ebooks ! So I've decided to buy one on my iPad and try to transfer it on my kindle. But it didn't work due to a DRM protection stuff. I really don't like to read on the iPad, it's too heavy, the screen is too bright and after 20 minutes my eyes are tired and it's not even possible to read outside the apartment (in a sunny afternoon )
Is there a little trick or a specific software (mac) that allow me to put that iPad ebook on my kindle ( taking off the DRM stuff ? ).

Thanks for your help guys !
MNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:21 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It's not possible. DRM for one and ePub for two. No eBooks Apple sell are Kindle compatible. So if you bought from Apple to put on your Kindle, it won't work. Just read on your iPad. But I do have to say, please try to find these eBooks from a source other then Apple. Apple doesn't deserve to sell any eBooks.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2011, 12:25 AM   #3
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Unfortunately, you will have to read your Apple-bought eBooks only on your iPad. No one has yet figured out an easy way to remove the kind of DRM that the Apple store uses.

However, if you happen to buy through other ePub-using stores, then you will generally be able to transfer your books, as the DRM for those has been figured out and the tools work quite well on a Mac (but we cannot give details or specific help about that here to protect the MR forum from lawsuits).

J'espère que cela vous aide et bienvenue à MobileRead!
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote