Notices

Old 08-31-2010, 01:50 PM   #1
miguel.ossa
voyager
miguel.ossa began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Iliad 2d edition
I want to change output pdf format

Hello,

I'd like to try to develop a patch to adjust margins in output PDF format for my Iliad 2d Edition.

Which files I must consider to study?

Thanks
miguel.ossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:55 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
IIRS the PDF output plugin supports setting margins anyway.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2010, 03:03 PM   #3
miguel.ossa
voyager

Hi,

My folder 'calibre/src/calibre/pluings' is empty.

I got the source executing 'bzr branch lp:calibre'.

Do I need to download something more?

Thanks in advance
Old 08-31-2010, 03:15 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That is not where the plugins are. PDF output plugin is in src/calibre/ebooks/pdf
Old 08-31-2010, 03:27 PM   #5
miguel.ossa
voyager

Thanks a lot, kovidgoyal.

Great program, and better assistance.
Advert
Old 09-06-2010, 12:39 PM   #6
miguel.ossa
voyager

Hello again,

I've found the place to modify just to alter the left and right margins of the output pdf. Also, I found page_setup.ui and page_setup_ui.py, and I've downloaded the Qt Creator. I have this page modified to include left and right margins in the output as well. But, when I execute pyuic4 -o page_setup_ui.py page_setup.ui, I lost the contents of the retranslateUi def. Is that normal?
Old 09-06-2010, 01:17 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You shouldn't need to execute pyuic4 if you run calibre using CALIBRE_DEVELOP_FROM calibre automatically compiles changed ui files. If youa re running from source use the command

python setup.py gui

at the top level of the calibre tree.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:33 PM   #8
miguel.ossa
voyager

Thank you. I will try it.