Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-02-2006, 01:32 AM   #1
jessesn
jessesn began at the beginning.

Change PDF title in Connect/Import files w/o Connect

Anyone know how to change the Title of a PDF inside of Connect? My Files are showing up as "Microsoft Word - Title" for some reason.

Also is there a way to load files on without Connect other than using a SD card or Memory stick?

Thanks,
Jesse
jessesn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 05:02 AM   #2
lordvetinari2
Zealot
lordvetinari2 is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi & Galaxy Note
The title in a PDF is set during the printing to PDF process, and I doubt the Connect software can change that. Instead, you will need to choose a title when you are going to print.

If the PDF is unprotected, you can change the title within Adobe Acrobat: File > Document Properties.
lordvetinari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2006, 10:06 AM   #3
jessesn
jessesn began at the beginning.

Thanks! Should have realized it was embedded in the PDF.
jessesn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 10:12 AM   #4
Kosst Amojan
Addict
Kosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
I was having this trouble with regular .rtf's. Everytime I tried to import one it gave it a label from the 1st line in the file itself, not the filename. Hell when I went back the changed the 1st line to the title of the book it still wouldn't change.
Kosst Amojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 11:27 AM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
You'll have to open the file properties and change the title/author etc. in there. I think Word stuffs the first line in there on the initial save if you don't manually set it to what you want it to be.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2006, 12:41 PM   #6
Kosst Amojan
Addict
Kosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
ok, i'll try it when I get home, thanks
Kosst Amojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 12:55 PM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
You're welcome, glad to help.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote