Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 01-15-2010, 09:00 PM   #1
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
His Robot Girlfriend - More than 5000 Downloads in One Month

Between December 15th and January 15th, His Robot Girlfriend was downloaded 5343 times from the three host websites: Feedbooks.com, Manybooks.net, and Smashwords.com. If you haven't got your copy, visit one of these links today. Thanks to everyone who downloaded His Robot Girlfriend, thanks to all those who read the book, and most of all thanks to those of you who sent me your kind words afterwards.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:04 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Wow, congrats!!!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2010, 09:52 PM   #3
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
His Robot Girlfriend was a fun read, Wes. And Princess Of Amathar is well worth the $1.59 from Smashwords.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:20 PM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Wow, Congratulations, Wes!!

I smile every time I remember reading your book.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:04 AM   #5
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
His Robot Girlfriend was a fun read, Wes. And Princess Of Amathar is well worth the $1.59 from Smashwords.

Original post by dreams;
I smile every time I remember reading your book.
Thanks for the kind words. I hope to have at least two new books out within a few months, at least one of which will be, like His Robot Girlfriend, distributed for free.
Advert
Old 01-18-2010, 07:53 PM   #6
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Wowsers, Wesley, over 5000 in a month? That really is impressive So... *cosying up* What's your secret? Just good writing, or some great publicity secrets?
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:59 PM   #7
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryWes View Post
... at least one of which will be, like His Robot Girlfriend, distributed for free.
Will the other be the sequel to Princess Of Amathar?
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:31 AM   #8
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
Wowsers, Wesley, over 5000 in a month? That really is impressive So... *cosying up* What's your secret? Just good writing, or some great publicity secrets?
I swear I didn't download more than 4000 myself!

Seriously I lucked out with a catchy title and I had the good sense to buy the rights to a good cover pic. 5000 downloads, but I don't know how many actual readers.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:32 AM   #9
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
Will the other be the sequel to Princess Of Amathar?
I have one in the works, but it's not one of the books I have completed.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:24 PM   #10
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Congratulations. The industry has a long way to go until there is a Daffodil but I hope you got a cut.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10432597-1.html
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:15 PM   #11
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
Wow. that's really impressive!! Congratulations!

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:42 PM   #12
Kemp
Zealot
Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Actually, I'd also be very curious to know where you've been promoting as well. I've fiddled around on a few message boards to some small effect, and I increased my number of downloads this week from 90 to a few shy of 600 (I attribute most of it to the wonderful fellows at Mobileread).

I've posted at a few more places, but there aren't too many ebook enthusiast sites.
Kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:53 PM   #13
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist

I have not posted about this particular book at any other sites that Mobilread and my own blog. My other free books have 150-500 downloads for that same month.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:09 PM   #14
Kemp
Zealot
Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hmmm...

Well, fortune favors the talented, I suppose. Many congratulations to your success!
Kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:15 PM   #15
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryWes View Post
I have not posted about this particular book at any other sites that Mobilread and my own blog. My other free books have 150-500 downloads for that same month.
This just tickled a vague memory in the back of my head - so I did a search and discovered Article on TeleRead last month. I suspect that's a factor in your jump in stats. Congrats! Always great to get attention from a popular site/blog, even better when it's positive
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote