Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-19-2009, 04:18 PM   #1
stevenmoy
Zealot
stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
Kindle facebook group update (possible folders)

Just saw this on my facebook update:

"Amazon Kindle Kindle Customers, We have heard from many of you that you would like to have a better way to organize your growing Kindle libraries. We are currently working on a solution that will allow you to organize your Kindle libraries. We will be releasing this functionality as an over-the-air software update as soon as it is ready, in the first half of next year. - The Kindle Team"

Last edit: mod added "(possible folders)" to my original title. But that is speculation, not the official amazon group update.

Last edited by stevenmoy; 11-19-2009 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Clarified moderator has edited the title.
stevenmoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:34 PM   #2
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
WOW!!!!!!!! you may want to rephrase your topic to folders possible? this is HUGE!!!!!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2009, 04:40 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenmoy View Post
Just saw this on my facebook update:

"Amazon Kindle Kindle Customers, We have heard from many of you that you would like to have a better way to organize your growing Kindle libraries. We are currently working on a solution that will allow you to organize your Kindle libraries. We will be releasing this functionality as an over-the-air software update as soon as it is ready, in the first half of next year. - The Kindle Team"
Bet they heard from more than just 'many'......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:40 PM   #4
stevenmoy
Zealot
stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
But the official response didn't mention anything about folder ^_^
stevenmoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:40 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wait. Maybe their going to offer us "calibre" to use on our Kindle to Pc app?

I think i"m losing my mind..........
Advert
Old 11-19-2009, 04:48 PM   #6
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
I think that anything will be an improvement. I personally like the way the Sony PRS line works
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:55 PM   #7
jkeranen
jkeranen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jkeranen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jkeranen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS 505/B&N Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenmoy View Post
But the official response didn't mention anything about folder ^_^
In a lot of ways a tagging system would be better than folders. You can apply multiple tags to the same book and view content many different ways.
jkeranen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:05 PM   #8
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
WOW!!!!!!!! you may want to rephrase your topic to folders possible? this is HUGE!!!!!
I added possible folders to the title.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:16 PM   #9
SalvaG
Enthusiast
SalvaG is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle DX
Wow, only one year to implement folders, what a €&@"&!
SalvaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:46 PM   #10
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Hopefully this will spur BN to do something similar with the nook. I like the way that Sony does collections and would like something similar for the nook. On the color screen you could have user created book covers denoting the collection name, touch your created cover and then the covers of all the books in the collection will show up.

P.S. I also have a K2 and welcome this news.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:54 PM   #11
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeranen View Post
In a lot of ways a tagging system would be better than folders. You can apply multiple tags to the same book and view content many different ways.
I expect they will add tags. Kindle for PC (and Kindle for iPhone) also has a single folder for everything, and all the "Kindle" devices have a keyboard for manually adding tags.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 06:08 PM   #12
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Touch
I just don't get this obsession with folders. Y'all do know that you can just search for what you're looking for right?
Connallmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 06:12 PM   #13
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connallmac View Post
I just don't get this obsession with folders. Y'all do know that you can just search for what you're looking for right?
Absolutely.

However, say you have over 700 books on your Kindle.

Rather than doing the search, maybe I just want to read a mystery, or Sci Fi, or a western.

Like going to a real library and browsing the stacks.....
Old 11-19-2009, 06:54 PM   #14
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connallmac View Post
sometimes I don't know what I am looking for and need a little organization to guide me
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:33 PM   #15
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Absolutely.

However, say you have over 700 books on your Kindle.

Rather than doing the search, maybe I just want to read a mystery, or Sci Fi, or a western.

Like going to a real library and browsing the stacks.....
I don't really seem to have much of an issue with this, I guess my mileage just varies. But then I can generally reach into a pile of papers on my desk and pull out the one I need more or less at will, I guess that's just how my mind works.

One of my other hobbies is backpacking, and as we like to say in that community, "Hike your own hike". I hope Amazon comes through with it for y'all.

Last edited by Connallmac; 11-19-2009 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Further thoughts on the same topic.
Connallmac is offline   Reply With Quote