Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-13-2005, 05:34 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Croatia - Lonely Planet's Top Destination 2005

I am sure a few of you guys know by now that my second home town is Dubrovnik, a small medieval town in Croatia. This is why it's probably understandable how very proud I am to announce that Croatia made it number 1 in Lonely Planet's Top Destinations for 2005:

Quote:
Croatia soared to the top of this year's poll after a fourth-place finish last year. Croatia's appeal was its unique combination of culture, history, cuisine, accessibility and affordability. As one staffer wrote, "This is Croatia's year. It appeals to a wide range of travellers with its rich diversity of attractions. And it has not yet been over-touristed, but it has developed an excellent tourism infrastructure -- so that it suits both adventurous travellers and those who need a degree of comfort in their planning." Another staffer wrote, "Croatia's combination of easy accessibility (it's within driving distance of a large chunk of Europe), relative affordability (especially compared to the beach countries like Spain and Italy), and high quality will mean that it will be a 'hot' destination again this year." Other staffers lauded its "stunning beaches and islands," "magnificent food" and "wonderfully preserved towns such as Dubrovnik." Congratulations, Croatia!
So what are you waiting for? I hope to meet you guys there this summer!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 09:27 PM   #2
taniwha
taniwha began at the beginning.

Device: TT3+Nok6255
Croatia.. don't you guys have a war every few years.. sorry but that's what sprang to mind first on mentioning Croatia.

but i'll be glad for you guys to take away all these jolly tourists flocking to New Zealand.. i really can't stand seeing another Gandalf or Legolas wandering the streets..and before them there were Xenas everywhere.
taniwha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert