Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-25-2008, 04:32 PM   #1
ec1matt
Enthusiast
ec1matt has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ec1matt has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ec1matt has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ec1matt has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, Paperwhite 2013, Sony PRS-505(RIP)
Hi from London, England

I've been lurking for a while but once I saw that the Sony PRS-505 might be coming to the UK as an official Sony product, my interest in a portable electronic reader has been rekindled (!).

It's partly gadget envy - I've always thought iPods and the like were really cool, but since I never listen to music on the move I don't need one. But being able to carry books with me all the time, in a convenient slim device would be great. From what I read, the Sony store has loads of popular science and non-fiction, and since they're my favourite genres, I think a Sony might be the way to go, if the rumours are true and the PRS-505 is coming to the UK.

Matt

PS Am I the only one who was completely astounded when what we thought were pictures of the Kindle prototype were actually pictures of the finished product?
ec1matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 04:37 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Welcome to MobileRead, ec1matt!

You might take a look at the Cybook too, it's available now in the UK, and there are certainly other stores than Sony's to get your content from, if you're so inclined.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2008, 07:17 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi ec1matt and welcome to the Forum. I got a 505 back in January for much the same reasons you are getting one.

And, in fact, I am now reading The Infinite Book from Sony's Science collection.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:25 PM   #4
Lobolover
Gorosei
Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Microsoft Word
welcome.ive been generaly ignored by everyone around here,hope the same doesnt befall you.stil,I finished 2 books from this place already and am starting to read a 3th.
Lobolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:29 PM   #5
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Loblover, we don't ignore you. We merely read with silent approval.

Welcome to the forum ec1matt. I'm in Cardiff and don't regret getting a Sony Reader.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2008, 08:32 AM   #6
Lobolover
Gorosei
Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Microsoft Word
I mean,I thought Id get some discusion,so why am I always the last one to ever post on a book thread?
Lobolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:24 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
With the greatest respect to your views, Lobolover, coming here (a site which very much supports the legitimate use of eBooks) and saying things like "I'd never pay for an eBook" is not going to win you many friends. Frankly, it makes you look like a troll (someone who posts controversial posts just to stir up trouble). You'll get a lot more response from people if you post more reasonable viewpoints in our discussions.

Anyway, a belated welcome to Mobileread.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote