Notices

Old 10-11-2012, 11:29 PM   #1
sugarysnack
sugarysnack began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Kobo Glo Blotches ('is this normal?')

Hey Everyone,

First post and first kindle here!

I have noticed some unevenness with the light (not the shadows at the bottom), but some areas of the screen seem to be blotchy.

You can see the top of the screen is yellowish, while the bottom is more white, and in-between in the middle, it is kind of blotchy.

Is this normal?

Thanks!
sugarysnack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:37 PM   #2
XrXca
Avid Reader
XrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura about

Device: Auro H2O, Kobo Glo x 2, Asus Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarysnack View Post
Is this normal?
Neither of ours looks like that, almost uniform except right at the bottom, and one is a bit brighter right at the top than the other.

You DID take the shipping screen protection off? (Dumb question, but I once had a client complaining about how hard it was to read his new phone, and it was because of a shipping protection plastic sheet.)
XrXca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2012, 11:46 PM   #3
sugarysnack

Yep, the protector is off. It seems like a small issue that I probably wouldn't notice during reading, but it isn't really a cheap device. I might take it in to chapters and see if I can get a replacement.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:10 AM   #4
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!
CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura One
My screen does not look like that. It's very even minus the shadow at the bottom when using the clear bar.
CatherineStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:26 AM   #5
lioslaith
Zealot
lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505, Kindle, Kobo Vox/Glo, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarysnack View Post
Yep, the protector is off. It seems like a small issue that I probably wouldn't notice during reading, but it isn't really a cheap device. I might take it in to chapters and see if I can get a replacement.
Most probably your best bet. Seems like a flaw with your device, might be a small flaw but like you said not what you want with an expensive device of any type. Easily fixed with a replacement .
lioslaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #6
sugarysnack

Got an exchange, and it has the bright spot problem. Got that one exchanged and it has another bright spot, but not as bad. Probably just going to keep this one. The light seems more even, and I can live with the tiny little dot.