Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-18-2011, 04:46 PM   #1
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
Fonts and ebooks

I have just bought a Touch and had it for a week already. All in all I can't say anything bad (with the exception of the quirks on synch, which I must look at more closely). Really I am quite happy of this small inexpensive device.
A couple of questions for those who hopefully know more that I do.
I have looked in the forum and apparently I did not find an answer, probably the device is still not well known and understood, young as it is.
Where are the ebooks which are not sideloaded ? Are they in the 1.7 Gb hidden partition ?
Can I use other fonts other than the ones foreseen by the application ? The Kindle fonts I like better.

Thanks in advance.

Bruno
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:50 PM   #2
ATimson
Evangelist
ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by brudigia View Post
Where are the ebooks which are not sideloaded ? Are they in the 1.7 Gb hidden partition ?
Yes.

Quote:
Can I use other fonts other than the ones foreseen by the application ? The Kindle fonts I like better.
If you include the fonts in individual book files, you can use them then; the only way to add new "default" fonts is, as far as I know, via rooting.
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2011, 06:30 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
I have just bought a Touch and had it for a week already. All in all I can't say anything bad (with the exception of the quirks on synch, which I must look at more closely). Really I am quite happy of this small inexpensive device.
A couple of questions for those who hopefully know more that I do.
I have looked in the forum and apparently I did not find an answer, probably the device is still not well known and understood, young as it is.

Thanks in advance.

Bruno
Yes, downloaded books are in the hidden partition. That is primarily so they don't have to pay Adobe licensing fees to create a more 'portable' ePub file. And to keep people from accidentally deleting the content, I suppose.

The Settings menu shows the amount of 'Available storage'. I haven't figured out whether this includes the reserved storage, or is exclusive of it. I think it is the latter. They probably manage the reserved storage so that when you fill that up, they have you remove some of it, or maybe they just do it automatically (based on 'recently viewed' time stamp).

I think it should be possible to side-load your DRM protected B&N ebooks, thereby allowing you to keep more B&N content on the device (especially with the microSD card). Haven't tried that yet.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote