Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-17-2011, 01:07 PM   #1
jesscat
Groupie
jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad mini, iPad 2, Kindle 3
7.56: error on device connection

Just installed 7.56 and am getting the following error as soon as I connect my Kindle; then Calibre immediately shuts down:

calibre, version 0.7.56
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'QWidget' object has no attribute 'filler'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\layout.py", line 321, in resizeEvent
AttributeError: 'QWidget' object has no attribute 'filler'
jesscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:17 PM   #2
Basel
Basel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I'm having exactly the same issue after upgrading this afternoon. Hope there is a fix soon, because I want to load up my Kindle before I go off on holiday
Basel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2011, 01:39 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Newer version 7.54

I restarted Calibre 7.55 expecting to get notified of a newer version

I did. New version available 7.54

The What's new has info about 7.56
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:39 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Sigh, I'm having a bad day. Fixed build upload. uninstall, re-download and re-install and you will be fine.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:44 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Sigh, I'm having a bad day. Fixed build upload. uninstall, re-download and re-install and you will be fine.
No problem.
Take some time,

Sit back and sip a Hot Beverage (Tea, Coffee)

Read a book
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2011, 02:01 PM   #6
MrAndreBB
MrAndreBB began at the beginning.

I was having this problem, and after reading this thread I uninstalled and redownloaded the windows 0.7.56 version from your site (at 1:53 EST), but I am still seeing the error.

It occurs whenever the "Device" button appears in the toolbar and whenever the application window is resized horizontally. The former problem prevents me from transferring books to my device. Panes within the application can be resized, and as long as the toolbar doesn't resize Calibre seems to operate normally.

Thanks!
MrAndreBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:02 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The new build may not have finished uploading when you downloaded it. So try again and make sure your browser is downloading it again and not using a cached copy of the installer.

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 04-17-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:55 PM   #8
jesscat
Groupie
jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad mini, iPad 2, Kindle 3
No problems here either - I had complete faith it would be fixed sooner rather than later, since it always is; I just installed an older version in the meantime...but now everything is working great.

As always, thank you!!
jesscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:26 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You're welcome and sorry for the run around
Old 04-17-2011, 03:33 PM   #10
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool selecting output options crashes the system

selecting preferences>conversion>output options crashes the system on 7.54, 7.55 & 7.56.
--
Alan
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:35 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

go to preferences->look & feel and change your font to something standard like verdana/candara/arial/whatever
Old 04-17-2011, 05:09 PM   #12
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool preferences->look & feel

thanks, changed it to ariel and now all is fine, but honestly i never before changed that setting from the default.
--
Alan

Last edited by alansplace; 04-17-2011 at 05:19 PM. Reason: rewrite
Old 04-17-2011, 05:35 PM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

What was the font before you changed it?
Old 04-17-2011, 06:19 PM   #14
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool What was the font before you changed it?

Microsoft Ti Le, which I've never heard of before.
--
Alan