Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-24-2011, 09:07 AM   #1
illustrata
Enthusiast
illustrata began at the beginning.

Device: iphone, ipad, kindle
Print Preview problems

Hi. I realize that Print/Print Preview is probably not a heavily used option in Sigil, but I could use a PDF version of the epub as it is, so I was happy to see it there.

I'm not really clear on what should/will preview or print -- can I preview the entire pub, or only one document at a time? At the moment I seem to be able to preview only a single document/chapter.

Also, for some reason the preview shows me the number of pages in a chapter -- but they are all blank, no text (an image does show up on the first page, however). Not sure what's up there.

Tried the manual but no luck -- I'd be grateful for any assistance/insight.
illustrata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:27 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Print preview only shows the document in the current tab. Specifically the sections and which area (book or code view) that has focus.

I can't say why it's not showing anything in the preview without seeing the document.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2011, 07:06 AM   #3
cuthbert19
Enthusiast
cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Opus
The first (correctly working) epub file I tried it on, it showed the same behaviour as the OP wrote about...
cuthbert19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:14 AM   #4
illustrata
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
I can't say why it's not showing anything in the preview without seeing the document.
Would the font assignment make a difference? I'm using some non-standard fonts (nothing out of control, though).

I can pass along the file if you like. It would help me a lot to have a PDF version of the formatted epub.

Last edited by illustrata; 10-25-2011 at 07:58 AM.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:23 AM   #5
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Of course, you could use calibre to convert the entire epub to PDF.
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2011, 02:50 PM   #6
illustrata
Enthusiast

That worked, pretty much. Thanks.

Tags
blank pages, print preview