Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #1
MillieBob
MillieBob began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRST2
Time Automatically Resetting -1HR

I'm in Atlantic Timezone and since the DST time change my PRS-T2 reader keeps resetting the time back 1 hour. When I look in TimeZone settings, the Atlantic Timezone is showing GMT-4:00 the same as Eastern GMT-4:00 but it should be 1 hour ahead of Eastern or GMT-3:00. Sony support says this is for display purposes only and won't impact the time, but I keep resetting my time +1hour and the reader keeps automatically setting it back -1hr periodically during the day. Does anyone else have this problem?
MillieBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:21 AM   #2
pssquirrel
ebooknut
pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & Oasis
My T2 adjusted for DST by itself. I didn't have to do anything.
pssquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:52 AM   #3
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pssquirrel View Post
My T2 adjusted for DST by itself. I didn't have to do anything.
But what timezone are you in? Sony may have only botched the Canadian zones that don't exist in the States. How about the states that don't go on DST? Are there any? I know Sask. ( :-) ) doesn't.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:02 AM   #4
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Some software just doesn't handle daylight saving time correctly, and sounds like your reader is affected. Just set the base time zone to the next one over to correct the hour it keeps losing.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:52 PM   #5
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
But what timezone are you in? Sony may have only botched the Canadian zones that don't exist in the States. How about the states that don't go on DST? Are there any? I know Sask. ( :-) ) doesn't.
Yes, there are US states that don't change time. In the time zone settings Sony has provided numerous options for these unique places in the US such as Arizona and elsewhere such as Saskatchewan.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:20 PM   #6
pssquirrel
ebooknut
pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillieBob View Post
I'm in Atlantic Timezone and since the DST time change my PRS-T2 reader keeps resetting the time back 1 hour. When I look in TimeZone settings, the Atlantic Timezone is showing GMT-4:00 the same as Eastern GMT-4:00 but it should be 1 hour ahead of Eastern or GMT-3:00 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Yes, there are US states that don't change time. In the time zone settings Sony has provided numerous options for these unique places in the US such as Arizona and elsewhere such as Saskatchewan.
MillieBob, have you tried selecting a Time Zone with GMT-3:00, such as Brasilia, Buenos Aieres, Greenland or Montevideo?
pssquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:21 AM   #7
MillieBob
MillieBob began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRST2
I did reset my time Zone to Brasilia about a week ago and it has kept the right time since then. It was only resetting the time when I had the TimeZone set to my local Atlantic Zone. Sony wants me to send my reader in for repair, but I don't think there is anything wrong with the reader, rather it's a software issue. I think Sony must have missed setting up DST for Atlantic altogether and when the change comes again in the fall it will be okay to use Atlantic TimeZone again. For now I'll leave it set to Brasilia
MillieBob is offline   Reply With Quote