Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-03-2008, 11:53 PM   #1
Gladtobemom
Connoisseur
Gladtobemom began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook, Palm Z72
Hello from horse country.

I've been reading ebooks for years now, mostly on my itty bitty VAIO and my Palm.

I recently purchased a Cybook, just got it this week. So far, I'm loving it because of the portability. I really miss being able to just touch the screen to advance the page though. That button is kind of stiff.

The case was disappointing. So . . . I took my Cybook and the case sent to a harness maker. He made all sorts of measurements and is going to fabricate me a case with a zipper closure. I can't wait. I told him that I want it to flip like a steno pad so I can use it to prop up the book to read when it's open. He said he will do that with a little strap to adjust the "easel"

I chose the Cybook because the Sony won't read Mobipocket books. I've spent alot of time formating all my technical data and info I need into this format.

What I don't like:
the button, why couldn't they have a touch sensitive spot for "turn the page forward" There are so many touch switches out there. It doesn't have to be a touch "screen" just install the switch under the logo or semething so you can touch the case there.

Gladtobemom
Gladtobemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:40 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Welcome to MobileRead, Gladtobemom!

Wow, you make me wish I had a harness maker for a friend. I'll have to go find one, surely there's one somewhere in West Tennessee.

The touch sensitive "patch" in the casing is an interesting idea. I wonder if any of the reading device makers has even thought about that one ....

I'd have some concerns about brushing it and changing pages accidentally, and wonder what it might do to the pricing, but I'd really like to see what they could make of it.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2008, 12:43 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:42 PM   #4
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladtobemom View Post
I've been reading ebooks for years now, mostly on my itty bitty VAIO and my Palm.

I recently purchased a Cybook, just got it this week. So far, I'm loving it because of the portability. I really miss being able to just touch the screen to advance the page though. That button is kind of stiff.

The case was disappointing. So . . . I took my Cybook and the case sent to a harness maker. He made all sorts of measurements and is going to fabricate me a case with a zipper closure. I can't wait. I told him that I want it to flip like a steno pad so I can use it to prop up the book to read when it's open. He said he will do that with a little strap to adjust the "easel"

I chose the Cybook because the Sony won't read Mobipocket books. I've spent alot of time formating all my technical data and info I need into this format.

What I don't like:
the button, why couldn't they have a touch sensitive spot for "turn the page forward" There are so many touch switches out there. It doesn't have to be a touch "screen" just install the switch under the logo or semething so you can touch the case there.

Gladtobemom
Welcome northern neighbor. Let us know how your case turns out & how much it would cost us to get a similar one.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote