Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-03-2012, 02:03 PM   #1
sconnolly
sconnolly began at the beginning.

Device: palmTX
calibredb not acknowledging 'preferred input order'

This issue has come up in my attempts to batch import various books of mixed languages.
I have set 'OPF' files as the top preferred input format in the 'Behavior' configuration dialog. When I add a directory that has a single logical book with a valid opf file present, if an epub file is also present then some of the metadata is taken from the epub regardless if valid data was present in the 'OPF' file. Is there a way to force calibredb add to use the 'OPF' file exclusively? I know I can subsequently alter the data in the database but each call to calibredb is 'time' expensive and I would prefer to do it all at once.

Thank you.
Stephen
sconnolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:12 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, there isn't. Preferred input order refers to the order for conversion not import.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert