Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 03-04-2014, 11:55 PM   #1
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 1 & 4, Nook ST, Dell 11-3000, iPhone 5s
Smart Collection Request for Titles

Hello Kris,

As my calibre library keeps growing, I find calibre's Tag Browser function that shows all Titles beginning with a specific letter quite useful. Only two clicks are needed, one on “Titles” and another on the letter I want. No need to scroll through dozens of screens.

In Marvin, even with “All my books” pinched into condensed mode, I can see only 12 titles per screen on my iPad Mini. It takes a bunch of scrolling to maneuver through 500 books. Possibly, I'm overlooking an easier method to jump to titles beginning with a specific letter.

I’ve created 27 Custom Collections in Marvin to do this job. However, a new Smart Collection for “All my books” would be quite handy. It could be similar to the Smart Collections for Author and Series that expand into an alphabetical list.

The attached screen capture might help clarify what I’m talking about.

Regards,
Marty
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A-Z.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	119877  
MartyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:09 AM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
MartyTX, if you type letters into the filter box at the top of the screen, the list of displayed books will be filtered to those that match the letters you type. Does that help?

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:11 PM   #3
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
MartyTX, if you type letters into the filter box at the top of the screen, the list of displayed books will be filtered to those that match the letters you type. Does that help?

G
Hi Greg,

That was the first thing I tried after spotting the filter box. Unfortunately, the excellent transfer of metadata from calibre to Marvin is too good for the filter box!

For example, if I'm after all titles that begin with "murder", the filter is also picking up all "murder" metadata tags.

My inelegant Custom Collections are working fine, but they are manual. After I add books to Marvin, I have to check the "Uncollected" collection to make sure that I've added all the new books to an appropriate "letter" collection.

I might not be using the filter box correctly. Is there a filtering syntax that needs to be followed?

Regards,
Marty
Old 03-06-2014, 09:13 PM   #4
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
@MartyTX - I think I know what you need. I'll look into it for another update.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:24 AM   #5
MartyTX
Dedicated

Thank you, Kris.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:37 PM   #6
MartyTX
Dedicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
@MartyTX - I think I know what you need. I'll look into it for another update.
Noticed that this request didn't happen in Version 2.7.2.

Should I consider it off the list for future implementation? Or, is it still a "maybe"?

Thanks,
Marty
Old 06-12-2014, 08:47 AM   #7
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
It's on the list of future development. I definitely want to do this.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:51 AM   #8
MartyTX
Dedicated

Thank you. I appreciate the prompt and positive response!

Marty