Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-28-2011, 10:16 PM   #1
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Purchased book not showing up on my Vox

I bought a book from Kobo, using my laptop. So it's in my Kobo library, but it's not showing up on the Vox. This seems silly, what am I missing? I've synced repeatedly and nothing. New book doesn't show up. It's downloaded on my laptop. No, I don't have the Kobo app on my laptop, don't need it. (Or do I now?)

I'm trying to get it now by downloading to Aldiko via the mobile Opera browser, but I'm pretty sure I shouldn't have to do that. Looks like that worked. The Kobo app would not import the file. The book which I bought from Kobo.

Last edited by 49Kat; 11-28-2011 at 10:27 PM.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:20 PM   #2
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
I am experiencing the same thing. Please be patient.

I am not able to sync with the cloud on the Windows Desktop, Blackberry Playbook, Kobo Touch or Kobo Vox. The two titles I bought are in my store library and I was able to download epubs for safekeeping. But kepubs direct to my devices are currently elusive.

I suspect Kobo's servers are struggling under Cyber Monday -- that's totally my own guess.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:46 PM   #3
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
OK, I wondered what was going on. I've purchased a book before from Kobo directly to the Vox, but I used the laptop tonight because of the sales. I had several pages open in the various discount categories, and it was just easier to use the laptop.

Oh, well, I do have the book anyway. In my Sony Library and ADE on the laptop, plus in Aldiko on the Vox, so I guess that's enough, eh? I just wondered if something had gone wrong because I bought the book on the laptop and downloaded it there before opening the Vox Kobo library app.

Edited to add: I just put the Vox down, and the book has shown up on the Kobo list now with the download bar beside it. The site must be really overtaxed tonight.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:19 AM   #4
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Yes, my books are just downloading now too. Glad to see business is brisk! Time for bed, anyhow!
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote