Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 02-04-2014, 03:35 PM   #1
BetterRead
Addict
BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Tablet
Pain, Barry: Stories in the Dark. v1. 4 Feb 2014

Barry Pain (1864–1928) was an English writer, primarily known for humorous works. He did, however, write a number of horror & dark fantasy stories.

This collection was published in 1901 and contains:
  • The Diary of a God
  • This Is All
  • The Moon-Slave
  • The Green Light
  • The Magnet
  • The Case of Vincent Pyrwhit
  • The Bottom of the Gulf
  • The End of a Show
  • The Undying Thing
  • The Grey Cat
Of particular note is "The Undying Thing" which was included in John Pelan's anthology, The Century's Best Horror Fiction.

v1. 4 Feb 2014
I found a pdf online (etext by horrormasters.com) which I converted via Zamzar. I then compared the resulting epub with a scanned copy of the original book, contributed by the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill to the Internet Archive.

Through this comparison, I was able to make hundreds of corrections -- from inserting the smallest missing comma to replacing entire sentences. But, in keeping with the period, I did not "update" any language or spelling. I also tried to replicate the original book's formatting and punctuation.

(The cover image was found at supernaturalfiction.co.uk)
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub [Pain_Barry]_Stories in the Dark.epub (138.5 KB, 599 views)
BetterRead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:46 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
It looks great, but I added an HTML Table of Contents to it.

Thank you! I look forward to reading this.
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert