Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-04-2012, 08:07 AM   #1
bcaban
bcaban began at the beginning.

Device: nook, pc
No TOC in Sigil

I just used calibre to remove the drm from an epub file. I opened sigil and loaded the book. On the left of sigil in the book browser it shows all the chapters under the text heading ( but they aren't in names, just a bunch of numbers for each chapter). But in the TOC panel on the right it doesn't show anything but the word "start". And generate TOC from Headings button doesn't give me anything. I noticed that in the original Epub file ( a Barnes and Noble One), it doesn't have a TOC that shows each chapter by name. Is there a way for me to make a contents page so I can just go to any chapter I want with a click of the button like in most of my ebooks ? I can use calibre if thats the only way. But currently am trying to learn how to use both. The sigil program worked great in generating chapters for my kindle books. Just having a problem with this BN book. But like I said, in my nook it doesn't even show a TOC with chapters. It only shows the word Start.
bcaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:00 AM   #2
bcaban
bcaban began at the beginning.

Device: nook, pc
nevermind. I figured it out. This Sigi is one cool program. Now I have a content page to go with this book. I don't know why they didn't do this for me when I purchased the book.
bcaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
or calibre, sigil