Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-16-2011, 03:08 PM   #1
Zifnab
Zifnab began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek
Sorting by authors

I am in the process of fixing all the mistakes I made in the past in the authors field. At the moment, I am going through each author alphabetically and I was wondering if there is an easier way than pressing CTRL and choosing each author on the left one by one. When I try to sort by Authors, it appears to sort alphabetically, but then I notice that A, B will have B A mixed in. Is there a way to show only authors that start with a certain letter? I would like to be able to see all authors who start with the letter A or a. If that is not possible, is there a way to sort the Authors or Titles column so that they are truly alphabetical?
Hope I make sense.
Thanks.

Zifnab
Zifnab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 04:43 PM   #2
Zifnab
Zifnab began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek
Ok, my bad, I think I figured it out ... when I sort Authors alphabetically, I found that authors that appeared out of alphabetical order were because the author_sort field was different from the author field .... so while the author was A B, the author_sort field was B, A ..., so it would appear in the B's, not the A's.
Still would be nice to be able to search for all authors that start with a certain letter, but I noticed in another posting that Regular Expressions cannot be used in searches ... any plans to allow this in future versions of calibre?
Zifnab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2011, 05:25 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
authors:~^B

searches have supported regular expressions for a *long* time
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote