Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 06-05-2014, 03:43 PM   #1
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
HD 2nd gen update: 11.3.2.3.2

Just got an update, no idea what is changed or fixed.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:38 AM   #2
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Mine updated last night.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:56 AM   #3
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Mine is updating right now.

No information except "the new versions include general improvements, as well as performance enhancements compared to their previous releases."

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Amazo...s-446064.shtml
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 01:03 AM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, regardless, it looks like we'll get an update soon for Amazon Prime Music enablement.
Old 06-16-2014, 11:48 PM   #5
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

It looks like they fixed some TTS bugs: default voice now works with all books (some would ignore the default), and I haven't had it stall out and get desynchronized with text since the update.

Also, it is possible I missed this before but they added another background color/theme: black text on light green. I have never liked the sepia theme (brown text just doesn't work for me) but have been using the green since I discovered it. Reminds me of the 'Easy Eye' mass market paperbacks I used to buy in the 70's (probably a marketing gimmick and a way to use cheaper paper).

Has anyone gotten Amazon Music to work without this update (or corresponding HDX/HD1 update)? Just curious.

Last edited by tomsem; 06-16-2014 at 11:53 PM.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:57 AM   #6
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

And now we're up to 11.3.2.4. on the 'HD2'.
Old 07-01-2014, 04:32 PM   #7
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
And now we're up to 11.3.2.4. on the 'HD2'.
Yeah, my HDX7 updated last night. I poked around to see what was different, but didn't see anything immediately.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:15 AM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Mine is updating now too. Prime music is a little annoying on the Android app, I sure hope it's not like that on here. Even though I have Prime it's on my husband account not mine so I can't use it. I pay for Cloud Player on my account.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:23 AM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It looks like they fixed some TTS bugs: default voice now works with all books (some would ignore the default), and I haven't had it stall out and get desynchronized with text since the update.

Also, it is possible I missed this before but they added another background color/theme: black text on light green. I have never liked the sepia theme (brown text just doesn't work for me) but have been using the green since I discovered it. Reminds me of the 'Easy Eye' mass market paperbacks I used to buy in the 70's (probably a marketing gimmick and a way to use cheaper paper).

Has anyone gotten Amazon Music to work without this update (or corresponding HDX/HD1 update)? Just curious.
The text isn't black though it's grey text on green tinted background. I think this is for low lighting situations is my guess.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:29 PM   #10
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

It appears to be as black as the text for white background to me. Obviously the contrast is not as great.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:36 PM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
It appears to be as black as the text for white background to me. Obviously the contrast is not as great.
Odd not on mine. The text is grey on the new one and the text on the white is defiantly black. I tried it out but went back to Sepia. I can't stand washed out text it's one of the main reasons why I quit using eInk.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:16 PM   #12
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I find text on the green background to be much sharper/higher contrast than on the sepia background - much easier on my tired eyes, and less fatiguing ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:54 AM   #13
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

Blossom is correct: I took a couple of screen captures and the RGB value of 'black' text is (58, 75, 68) with green background and (34, 34, 34) with white (lower number is darker). Of course both of those are much darker than sepia theme text.

It is interesting that black isn't ever (0, 0, 0). I may have to play around with this to see what that would actually look like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-03-07-45-32.png
Views:	269
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	124872   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-03-07-45-42.png
Views:	264
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	124873  
Old 07-03-2014, 02:56 PM   #14
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Blossom is correct: I took a couple of screen captures and the RGB value of 'black' text is (58, 75, 68) with green background and (34, 34, 34) with white (lower number is darker). Of course both of those are much darker than sepia theme text.

It is interesting that black isn't ever (0, 0, 0). I may have to play around with this to see what that would actually look like.
On my HD Sepia text is darkest to my eyes but I use the Lucida font. The green theme seems washed out and hurts my eyes. I tried it but things went blurry for me and I am dyslexic so back to sepia when I use the Kindle Reader.

I use Moon+ Reader app mostly anyway when reading on my KFHD2 anyway and the font I use is nice and dark. I use a paperback texture for my background so it's just like reading on real book and no eye strain whatsoever.