Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 05-08-2008, 01:10 PM   #61
Onemack
Groupie
Onemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle P/W, Kobo Aura, Kobo Libre 2, Boyue likebook P10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Were you not holding the button in long enough? I had to hold it in for a lot longer than "a few seconds" - probably more like 15-20s. I just held it in until the screen went blank.
Exactly right, although it ended up a lot longer than 20 seconds. I tried timing myself to just past twenty at one stage based on a comment earlier on, in either this forum or the other forum about the upgrade. Probably ended about 35 or 40. I just hung on til it happened this time.

Incidentally why are there two separate forums on the same topic, is it just chance or is their some fine nuance of difference that I do not understand (extremely likely)

John
Onemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 01:36 PM   #62
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onemack View Post
Incidentally why are there two separate forums on the same topic, is it just chance or is their some fine nuance of difference that I do not understand (extremely likely)

John
ONLY 2 - pfft - last I looked it seemed like there were a Baker's dozen out there on the airwaves - plus the blog on the Bookeen site - that's got a few choice comments on it too ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 03:57 PM   #63
JWLaRue
Addict
JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (blue, of course!)
I want my old (538) firmware back!

While the new firmware may have fixed some bugs, none of which I was experiencing, the event management of the page button is not a good step forward.

Somebody, please send me the 'old' firmware! (I'm going to try Bookeen, but an expecting to be pointed at the new firmware)

-tnx,

Jeff
JWLaRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 04:11 PM   #64
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWLaRue View Post
I want my old (538) firmware back!

While the new firmware may have fixed some bugs, none of which I was experiencing, the event management of the page button is not a good step forward.
What' wrong with it? Seems to be just fine to me. It's definitely missing far fewer button presses than it did previously.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:31 PM   #65
JWLaRue
Addict
JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (blue, of course!)
What's wrong? The Cybook is still missing page turns and page turning is slower.

I want to be able to downgrade to 536 and do some timed tests.

-Jeff
JWLaRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:40 PM   #66
ottocrat
Bookish
ottocrat doesn't litterottocrat doesn't litter

Device: Psion 5, Palm Tungsten T2, Nokia N73, Cybook Gen3
It's definitely more responsive than it was. For me, page turns are noticeably faster.
ottocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:06 AM   #67
binzer
Zealot
binzer doesn't litterbinzer doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen3
This certainly seems like a mixed bag of reactions :S

I think I'll hold off on upgrading until I hear more, especially since it doesn't seem like I'm missing out on anything major.

The whole thing has been kinda anticlimactic, although I guess I set myself up for disappointment by constantly refreshing the bookeen blog for the last couple months :P
binzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 01:26 AM   #68
DutchBoy
DutchBoy began at the beginning.

Could someone please send me the previous firmware, version 538? My e-mail address is e_c_t_o@hotmail.com
DutchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 01:38 AM   #69
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Page turns are faster but it still misses many page turns. Maybe because I'm a slow reader and the thing gets idle before I flip the page. :P Overall I'm far from impressed with the new firmware. The only good thing until now is that it seems to remember the last read page although I can't say that it works for sure until I did some more testing.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 02:52 AM   #70
laborg
Zealot
laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Sadly, I noticed:
- At some point, I came back to the library screen, then the green led turned on and never turned off... I had to use the reset button. I don't remember this happening to me before.
I'm experiencing the same behaviour.. sad but true.
laborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 02:53 AM   #71
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloNL View Post
Page turns are faster but it still misses many page turns. Maybe because I'm a slow reader and the thing gets idle before I flip the page. :P Overall I'm far from impressed with the new firmware. The only good thing until now is that it seems to remember the last read page although I can't say that it works for sure until I did some more testing.
I still no not 'miss' any page turns. You don't have to press very hard, but a bit longer. It as always like that. It seems that it is a bit more responsive now. You can also press a couple of times in a row.

For me there never were any problems with remembering the last page. And there still aren't

I'm not really impressed, but I had no real bugs. It was OK and it is OK.

The only thing I would like to see is a little clock and a better way to group or find books, nothing more
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 05:28 AM   #72
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by binzer View Post
This certainly seems like a mixed bag of reactions :S

I think I'll hold off on upgrading until I hear more, especially since it doesn't seem like I'm missing out on anything major.

The whole thing has been kinda anticlimactic, although I guess I set myself up for disappointment by constantly refreshing the bookeen blog for the last couple months :P
You know about reader.google.com so you do not have to refresh a log of blogs manually?

The dictionary lookup is much faster (probably because the key presses are detected faster).
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 05:52 AM   #73
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
The dictionary lookup is much faster (probably because the key presses are detected faster).
Yes, I've found the same thing. The other thing I've noticed is that it now appears to "buffer" two key presses in advance. I've not experienced the delays on the library screen that someone else reported.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:12 AM   #74
Hanselda
Enthusiast
Hanselda began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook, Sony PRS 600
From the experience of the previous posts I think in this firmware update there is no essential improvements (IMHO keep pressing a button to turn pages continuesly is not really necessary if you can make bookmarks), but rather bringing other problems such as LED light, unsupported PDF and so on. I think I will hold back the updating and forward my expectation for really better functionality to the next firmware update, sadly.
Hanselda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:43 AM   #75
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
The firmware update is a bit of a non event in my mind. Page turns on the Cybook seemed faster right after the update, but now that I've used it some, it doesn't seem any faster at all. I am sure this is purely a shift in my view of things......other than that, I see no real differences, good or bad, of this firmware update.

Ho hum.....back to waiting for a REAL update that will provide some of the functionality we all wish for......for starters, how 'bout making the Delete button do SOMETHING?
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote