Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-05-2011, 07:24 AM   #1
carmenchu
Groupie
carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Win7,Win10,Lubuntu,smartphone
Some trouble with Sigil

I don't know whether there is some related thread, so there...

Yesterday, while editing, I began to notice the following abnormal behaviour:
  1. Clicking to select and copy word, BOOK MODE, selected wrong, apparently random group, i.e.: two/three words on both current line AND the one up;
  2. Selection persisting, even while
    • moving on caret and keyboard editing
    • clicking again either in Sigil window and outside it;
  3. Select colour changing between blue and green -- ALSO in the Book Browser window;
  4. Opening WordWeb (the Dictionary/Thesaurus) to paste copied word auto-scrolled active page to the beginning.

Now, some environment data:
  1. Running under Windows XP, SP3
  2. Sigil called from Calibre, Open_with plugin, BUT closing Clibre didn't end the trouble
  3. I had just added .body{font-family: "Frutinger Linotype"} to the working style-sheet to improve my working-space (to be removed from book on completion: don't believe in hard-coding font information of any kind in XHTML-related formats)
  4. WordWeb IS supposed to be able to capture selected words from some programs, and had done so from Sigil on some previous occasions -- NOT when trouble began.

I have included everything I suspect MAY be relevant -- and thanks a lot for Sigil!
carmenchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:56 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenchu View Post
I don't know whether there is some related thread, so there...

Yesterday, while editing, I began to notice the following abnormal behaviour:
  1. Clicking to select and copy word, BOOK MODE, selected wrong, apparently random group, i.e.: two/three words on both current line AND the one up;
  2. Selection persisting, even while
    • moving on caret and keyboard editing
    • clicking again either in Sigil window and outside it;
  3. Select colour changing between blue and green -- ALSO in the Book Browser window;
  4. Opening WordWeb (the Dictionary/Thesaurus) to paste copied word auto-scrolled active page to the beginning.

Now, some environment data:
  1. Running under Windows XP, SP3
  2. Sigil called from Calibre, Open_with plugin, BUT closing Clibre didn't end the trouble
  3. I had just added .body{font-family: "Frutinger Linotype"} to the working style-sheet to improve my working-space (to be removed from book on completion: don't believe in hard-coding font information of any kind in XHTML-related formats)
  4. WordWeb IS supposed to be able to capture selected words from some programs, and had done so from Sigil on some previous occasions -- NOT when trouble began.

I have included everything I suspect MAY be relevant -- and thanks a lot for Sigil!
my 2cents (also XP SP3)
The blue - Green thing is both windows have selected text, BUT only the 'active window' (the Blue one) is in effect, you can switch windows by clicking once on the window title-bar and NOT lose either selection (IMHO a good feature )
I see the 'Go to Top' happen on actions that require a reflow and the insert point was 'lost' or invalid (as when switching from a CV edit)
BTW CV tends to scroll to the bottom on some actions
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:27 AM   #3
carmenchu
Groupie
carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Win7,Win10,Lubuntu,smartphone
Thanks for the tip on the blue/green effect!
The auto-scrolling IS a bother, sure enough.
carmenchu is offline   Reply With Quote