Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 12-14-2009, 11:38 PM   #1
thecyberphotog
thecyberphotog began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS300
Convert epub format to kindle for iPhone format. Is it possible?

I have an epub formatted file. I want to read it using Kindle for iPhone app. How would I convert the epub file to be read in Kindle on my iPhone? Is this possible? If so, how.

Thanks and I look forward to your reply.

...Bruce
thecyberphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:02 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
AFAIK the Kindle App for iPhone will read regular Mobi files (which is basically what most Kindle files are). Calibre will convert ePub's to Mobi as long as they aren't DRM'd. If it's DRM'd you'll need to use Inept on it first to remove the DRM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2009, 12:37 PM   #3
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
The trick will be getting your book onto the iPhone-the Kindle app gives you no way to upload your own content, which means you'll have to resort to something like iPhone Explorer to get your books into the proper Amazon folder. I know people are using it to get books OFF the iPhone from the Kindle App, but haven't heard of anyone putting them back ON (possibly because the Kindle iPhone App Reader is pretty limited).
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:37 AM   #4
Yoshi 1080
Addict
Yoshi 1080 doesn't litterYoshi 1080 doesn't litterYoshi 1080 doesn't litter

Device: iPad, iPhone, Mac
The conversion from ePUB to MOBI is not the problem, but the uploading to the Kindle software is. I don't think the Kindle software has an email address like the Kindle does, so even that wouldn't work.

Why not just use Stanza? It has almost the same interface as the Kindle software.
Yoshi 1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #5
tecslicer
tecslicer began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Hello all! New to the forums. Just registered to post how I got my .Mobi books on to the Kindle reading app for Ipod.

1. Convert to .Mobi. (Un-DRM if necessary)
2. e-mail the file as an attachment to myself.
3. open the email on the ipod and download the file. Select "Kindle Reading App" as the program to use to open the file.

Simple after doing it, but it took me a few days to figure it out.
tecslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2013, 11:29 AM   #6
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
The trick will be getting your book onto the iPhone-the Kindle app gives you no way to upload your own content, which means you'll have to resort to something like iPhone Explorer to get your books into the proper Amazon folder. I know people are using it to get books OFF the iPhone from the Kindle App, but haven't heard of anyone putting them back ON (possibly because the Kindle iPhone App Reader is pretty limited).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi 1080 View Post
The conversion from ePUB to MOBI is not the problem, but the uploading to the Kindle software is. I don't think the Kindle software has an email address like the Kindle does, so even that wouldn't work.

Why not just use Stanza? It has almost the same interface as the Kindle software.
Untrue. Books can be added to the iPhone Kindle app via iTunes very simply. Connect your device to iTunes, click on it, and navigate to the 'Apps' tab. Scroll down to the 'File Sharing' pane and click on the Kindle app. Then, just drag the .mobi file into the 'Kindle Documents' pane. They will appear within the app when you next launch it.

To answer the original question, use Calibre to convert from ePUB to Mobi. Select a book, click on the 'convert books' button, then choose Mobi as the output format in the top right-hand corner of the dialogue box that pops up. This typically only takes a few seconds.
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:56 AM   #7
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
wow...that only took 3 YEARS to answer....good job Kindle!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:08 PM   #8
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
wow...that only took 3 YEARS to answer....good job Kindle!

I have been using this method since I bought my first iPhone in 2010.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:29 PM   #9
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post

Turtle is probably talking about this thread being resurrected after over three years.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:01 PM   #10
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:

But the two people you quoted (kjk and Yoshi 1080) left their responses in 2009. At that time:
Quote:
Books can be added to the iPhone Kindle app via iTunes very simply.
was simply untrue. It was every bit the hassle they described it as.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:38 PM   #11
holymadness
Guru

Whoops, I didn't even look at the date.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:04 PM   #12
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Happens to the best of us.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:40 AM   #13
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Especially, there is no need to mess around with iTunes anymore, as opposed to 3 years ago. You can safely uninstall iTunes from your main computer because iTunes is needed for nothing at all in relation to your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch in 2013. People who claim that iTunes is needed today to manage iDevices just failed to get the memo back in 2011 when this ceased to be true, thanks to the introduction of iCloud.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:44 AM   #14
rayrex
rayrex began at the beginning.

Device: none
ePub files basically use HTML files (among others) to compile what you would see in iBooks. You can unzip the ePub file and display the HTML files in a UIWebView, or any other way you decide to go about it.
rayrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:18 AM   #15
alicepattinson
Banned
alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Is it also possible to send your Free kindle book to anyone through email?
alicepattinson is offline   Reply With Quote