Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-27-2009, 10:51 PM   #1
pennpin
pennpin began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505 with broken screen. pocketbook 360 now.
huge file after being converted

I have some pdf files that I converted using pdflrf to lrf which results in some huge files.

769 kb to 27,072
17,536 kb to 177,557

anyway to reduce this? I have a pdf over 200mb that I'm thinking of converting except... it'll probly be over 1 gb.

My sony reader 505 is in transit I should get it within 7 days. (couldn't wait. started dling ebooks. and converting.) sooo my question is; will the reader be able to handle a 27 mb file or even a 200 mb one?

does the files actually look better in lrf than in pdf?

is there a better conversion program? bookdesigner maybe?
pennpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:29 AM   #2
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
That seems really, really big. Like it's converting the pages to images instead of text. (Which it might be, if it converts to HTML as a transition stage; some PDFs don't convert well.)

What are the original PDFs? Are they novels, or textbooks, or something else?
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2009, 10:15 AM   #3
pennpin
pennpin began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505 with broken screen. pocketbook 360 now.
psychology books. lots of public domain hypnosis google books. true hypnotism by shrout pdf. the 200 mb one belongs to Carla Emery's Secret Don't Tell.
pennpin is offline   Reply With Quote