Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-21-2012, 10:40 PM   #1
Tenielle
Tenielle began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Help! Can you run Calibre on Mac OS 10.5.8?

Hi,

I know this is probably a very silly question but I wanted to know if I am able to download and run Calibre on my old Mac, currently the best operating system I have is 10.5.8

Thanks
Tenielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:49 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I believe 10.5.8 is Leopard. The calibre download site says
Quote:
Note
  1. If you are using OS X Tiger or a PowerPC Mac, the last version of calibre that will work on your machine is 0.7.28, available here .
  2. The app cannot be run from within the dmg. You must drag it to a folder on your filesystem (The Desktop, Applications, wherever).
  3. To install the command line tools, go to Preferences->Advanced->Miscellaneous
  4. In order for localization of the user interface in your language, select your language in the preferences (by pressing ⌘+P) and select your language.
so as long as you are on an Intel based Mac you should be fine.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2012, 10:54 PM   #3
Tenielle

Thank you! I didn't know that this version was called Leopard, I'm not very tech smart :S
Old 04-21-2012, 11:12 PM   #4
Tenielle

problem solved

Last edited by Tenielle; 04-21-2012 at 11:36 PM. Reason: problem solved
Old 04-22-2012, 03:59 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please ask Calibre questions in the Calibre forum. That's what it's there for.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert