Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 10-13-2011, 09:18 PM   #196
gregounours
Enthusiast
gregounours began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
Still no luck turning pages with the buttons. I can kind of do it with the stylus but calibration is hard because screen dos not refresh and is late compared to the LCD screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javese View Post
No you don't need to downgrade to an older kindle app.I have figured out the root reason for this problem and made a fix.Please try the attached revision and let me know the result. Thanks.
If you have interest,the reason for this problem is that the new kindle app uses more cpu time and handles pen event slower than older.some pen events generated by the turn page function were dropped when busy.
gregounours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:47 PM   #197
fgruber
Academic
fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Plus
Tired this last version and works really well thanks a lot.

The only issue I have found so far is that when I press and hold the reader/journal button to turn the LCD off sometimes the eink changes to the journal. Then I need to press it again to get back to the reader mode.

Quote:
No you don't need to downgrade to an older kindle app.I have figured out the root reason for this problem and made a fix.Please try the attached revision and let me know the result. Thanks.
If you have interest,the reason for this problem is that the new kindle app uses more cpu time and handles pen event slower than older.some pen events generated by the turn page function were dropped when busy.
fgruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:49 AM   #198
javese
Zealot
javese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge(Black)
lcd2eink 0.1.12 released.
added features:
1.get rid of the first blink occured when turning page with page keys;
2.user can define the delay before capture when turning page with page keys;in my pe 100ms is enough for kindle app so the process can be faster.

you may want to upgrade to this release if you use page keys to turn page for kindle app on eink.
Attached Files
File Type: zip LCD2Eink_0.1.12.zip (48.5 KB, 258 views)
javese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:52 AM   #199
javese
Zealot
javese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgruber View Post
Tired this last version and works really well thanks a lot.

The only issue I have found so far is that when I press and hold the reader/journal button to turn the LCD off sometimes the eink changes to the journal. Then I need to press it again to get back to the reader mode.
Thanks fgruber for the info. Yes it's tricky to turn off the lcd with reader/journal button.But I can't find a better way yet.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:55 AM   #200
javese
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregounours View Post
Still no luck turning pages with the buttons. I can kind of do it with the stylus but calibration is hard because screen dos not refresh and is late compared to the LCD screen.
Do you have a drawing app on your PE? If yes,could you try to run the app on lcd,and press page button to see what will be drawn on the lcd?

Last edited by javese; 10-14-2011 at 01:59 AM.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:07 AM   #201
fgruber
Academic
fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

wow this is getting better and better.

THanks for this change!

Quote:
lcd2eink 0.1.12 released.
added features:
1.get rid of the first blink occured when turning page with page keys;
2.user can define the delay before capture when turning page with page keys;in my pe 100ms is enough for kindle app so the process can be faster.

you may want to upgrade to this release if you use page keys to turn page for kindle app on eink.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:24 PM   #202
gregounours
Enthusiast

0.1.12 works better for me on kindle. I can turn page forward by pressing the next page button twice on-the-job eink side. It refreshes aftercthe first one but the page does not turn.
I have tried kid paint (free today on Amazon) and I can't get the pen to work fir drawing. Pen works fine in journal though.
Quote:
Do you have a drawing app on your PE? If yes,could you try to run the app on lcd,and press page button to see what will be drawn on the lcd?

Last edited by gregounours; 10-14-2011 at 09:27 PM.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:16 PM   #203
Gerrye
Zealot
Gerrye began at the beginning.

Device: 1 EE,3 PEs,HP Pro Slate12.2,&Kindle Paperwhite,GalaxyTabPro12.2,Note 4
Javese,

I have tried to install LCD2Eink twice (1.09 and 1.12) on my Pocket Edge, running Ermine .9 and both times I go from Install, directly to "Application not installed". Do I have to upgrade to 1.01 or 1.02? I would like to try it out....
Gerrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 01:22 PM   #204
fgruber
Academic

did you try uninstalling previous version first?

Also did you root the P.E.?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrye View Post
Javese,

I have tried to install LCD2Eink twice (1.09 and 1.12) on my Pocket Edge, running Ermine .9 and both times I go from Install, directly to "Application not installed". Do I have to upgrade to 1.01 or 1.02? I would like to try it out....

Last edited by fgruber; 10-15-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:01 PM   #205
Gerrye
Zealot
Gerrye began at the beginning.

Device: 1 EE,3 PEs,HP Pro Slate12.2,&Kindle Paperwhite,GalaxyTabPro12.2,Note 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgruber View Post
did you try uninstalling previous version first?

Also did you root the P.E.?
Yes, PE is rooted. I. Harve never been able to install any version. Tried twice with 2 different versions neither installed.
Gerrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:06 PM   #206
gregounours
Enthusiast

Just a note on using the nook app with lcd2ink. It works great better than kindle actually except that key mapping is different and I can only turn page backward :-)
Old 10-16-2011, 02:11 PM   #207
ilovegadgets
Connoisseur
ilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindles, iPad,Note 8, Note 3, iPhone 5,Sony 350& T1, Entourage PE & EE
I love the lcd2eink app and really appreciate Javese's making it available to us;however, it isn't necessary to use lcd2eink to read NookBooks on the eink side. Here is a quote from this forum explaining this...

"And here's a quote from Obsessed's excellent "Resources for New Edge and Pocket Edge Owners" thread:

"Nook Android App (Books from Barnes and Noble CAN be read on e-Ink side. Books can be found opening Library App from Home Screen, select Storage (top left pull down), then sdcard/Nook/Content/ Press and hold downloaded book and Add to Library. Use First and Last Name as it appears on the credit card used to purchase the book for Username and Credit Card # for Password."

(I quoted Filark who as you can see quoted Obsessed. : ) The first time that I opened a Barnes and Noble book on the eink side, I put in my name and credit card as Obsessed directs. After that, I have just copied the book file from my Nook for PC folder onto a flash drive and it has opened just fine. I have also downloaded to my PE Nook for Android and then opened it on the eink side by getting to it through the "device Storage icon)

Last edited by ilovegadgets; 10-16-2011 at 02:37 PM.
ilovegadgets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:06 PM   #208
nyCecilia
Enthusiast
nyCecilia began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge and PE
Installed 12 to get the kindle upgrade but now it only displays sideways... always opposite the direction of the tablet, which results in teeny tiny text...and nothing seems to change it, not even the rotate horizontally option, which seems to do nothing. Yes I uninstalled before installing. What did I mess up?
nyCecilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:23 PM   #209
javese
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyCecilia View Post
Installed 12 to get the kindle upgrade but now it only displays sideways... always opposite the direction of the tablet, which results in teeny tiny text...and nothing seems to change it, not even the rotate horizontally option, which seems to do nothing. Yes I uninstalled before installing. What did I mess up?
Hi nyCecilia,I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the 0.1.12,but it works fine on my PE.I'm not sure I understand it quite though.Can you take a picture of what you see on your PE?
Old 10-26-2011, 06:48 AM   #210
nyCecilia
Enthusiast
nyCecilia began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge and PE
Quote:
Hi nyCecilia,I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the 0.1.12,but it works fine on my PE.I'm not sure I understand it quite though.Can you take a picture of what you see on your PE?
Thanks, javese. What I mean is that while the android side is in portrait mode, the portrait mode is in landscape on the e-ink side. This results in the portrait being mushed down small because it's facing the wrong direction on the e-ink, you know, 90 degrees the wrong direction? and I can't get it to make a quarter-turn and face the correct direction, so that you can see portrait on portrait or landscape on landscape, it's always the wrong mode, 1/4 turn off.

Not sure how to take a picture...? (sorry, I'm on travel and forgot to bring my camera)

I didn't have this problem with the prior version, and I did uninstall before installing version 12....
nyCecilia is offline   Reply With Quote