Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-09-2011, 08:07 AM   #16
tomereader
Zealot
tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ectaco JBL, Archos 5, 7, 70, Kindle DXG, Craig 7, Vizio Vtab
Check the deals/freebies forum someone recently posted about a $39.99 7 inch color ereader at bed bath and beyond which might be priced right in case it does get knocked around/broken...
tomereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:44 PM   #17
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Try this site:

http://www.storiesformylittlesister.com/index.html

It will involve reading online rather than on an ereader, but it looks like fun for a child.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2011, 01:55 PM   #18
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Teri Farley's Phantom Stallion series is at Books on Board.
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 03:57 AM   #19
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Join the Singapore Library. It is for free!! They have a childrens book section with nearly 3,500 titles in epub that read on your Kobo.

As for a device for her, I'd second a cheap reader but would go for a refurbished dedicated ereader. The color readers do have a very short battery life and the moment she wants to read and has forgotten to load it, which migth be every other day with a color reader, she might loose interest in it. Also Kobos are 60$ right now at Borders and she already knows how to handle it.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:41 AM   #20
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman (The Golden Compas is the first book).
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2012, 11:28 AM   #21
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
How about the Betsy-Tacy books, by Maud Hart Lovelace? The first four in the series are for younger readers (they are available individually or as one volume called The Betsy-Tacy Treasury). I've seen them at several online public libraries, as well as all the usual online bookstores, so you should be able to get them for any ereader.

Last edited by dandelioncottage; 10-26-2012 at 12:03 PM.
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:31 PM   #22
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
wow, old thread resurfacing.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:01 PM   #23
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
Oh, so this is an old thread. I was going to say, my 10-year-old has tons of ebooks available to her on her Nook Tablet. They are as available as any books.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 01:08 AM   #24
CarlAlves
CarlAlves began at the beginning.

Device: none
I just finished A Bad Day for Voodoo by Jeff Strand. It was awesome. It's listed as 12+ but I have no issue giving it to me 10 year old.
CarlAlves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 05:07 AM   #25
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
http://www.amazon.com/gp/bookseries/...ull_B00CKCMBXU

Song of the Lioness series byTamora Pierce
Give her this to read, your little girl will love you for it.

“From now on I’m Alan of Trebond, the younger twin. I’ll be a knight.”

In a time when girls are forbidden to be warriors, Alanna of Trebond wants nothing more than to be a knight of the realm of Tortall. So she finds a way to switch places with her twin brother, Thom. Disguised as a boy, Alanna begins her training as a page at the palace of King Roald. But the road to knighthood, as she discovers, is not an easy one. Alanna must master weapons, combat, and magic, as well as polite behavior, her temper, and even her own heart.

Filled with swords and sorcery, adventure and intrigue, good and evil, Alanna’s first adventure begins—one that will lead to the fulfillment of her dreams and make her a legend in the land.
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 02:10 PM   #26
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Roald Dahl wrote some great books which are I believe in epub format. His books like James and the Giant Peach, Matilda, and the two Charlie books (Willy Wonka) are out in epub at kobo I believe. Just realized this thread is several yrs old. lol. Well the books are still good reads. I'm re-reading the 2nd Charlie book myself at the moment.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 02:27 AM   #27
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
I'm re-reading the 2nd Charlie book myself at the moment.
I didn't like it when I first read it 15 years ago. Now that I demand much more from my books, I'd probably rate it 1/5 if I dared to re read Charlie 2.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote