Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-18-2010, 04:13 PM   #1
Hevelius
Hevelius began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Book 360
Options for buying 360 in the UK? Or Poland?

Hi, this is my first post on MobileRead so please be gentle with me

After reading countless reviews on different eReaders I've decided to take the plunge and opt for a Pocket Book 360.

I'm from the UK but live currently in Warsaw and make trips back there several times a year.
I'd like to get the 360 from a UK supplier or if possible from a supplier based in Warsaw (doubtful I know).

What are the options for buying in the UK? I understand there is no official distributor at present.
I've seen ads from a company called GreenReader.co.uk - does anyone have any experience of this company?

What are other people's experiences/ideas about getting the 360 in the UK?

Thanks
Hevelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:07 PM   #2
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
There is distributor in Czech Republic
http://shop.acomp.cz/en/scripts/index.php
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2010, 05:10 AM   #3
Hevelius

Thanks, Kacir, but it seems they only sell the black ones.. or that they don't let you choose the colour. I wanted the Ivory.

Anybody else with experience of buying from the UK?
Old 03-19-2010, 06:10 AM   #4
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hevelius View Post
Thanks, Kacir, but it seems they only sell the black ones.. or that they don't let you choose the colour. I wanted the Ivory.
I am pretty sure they DO sell ivory ones.
Just write an email to them.
They are based in Ostrava, practically on the Czech/Polish border.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 06:49 AM   #5
Jelena
Jelena began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 301
Well, Hevelius, nice to see you here as well
Hope you will choose right PocketBook seller for you.
Jelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2010, 06:52 AM   #6
Jelena

Of course, as I already mentioned in our e-mails, we are official partners of PocketBook Global - in UK and Baltics.
I guess i have seen a couple persons here - with experience in www.greenreader.co.uk
Maybe they will join us and share their opinion and experience.

Last edited by Jelena; 03-19-2010 at 07:00 AM.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:58 AM   #7
Moonraker
Addict
Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ILiad. Gen 3, PocketBook 360, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Oasis 2
I live in the UK and I purchased my PocketBook 360 here:

http://www.my-ebook-reader.de/epages...792/Categories

They are in Germany.

I first emailed them because their website is in the German language which I do not understand. They wrote back to me in excellent English and were very helpful.

Their email address is:

info@my-ebook-reader.de

I paid for the device using PayPal and the ebook reader arrived very quickly - by return of post it seemed to me.

I have had absolutely no problems with the device and it is my favourite.
Moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 07:22 AM   #8
Jelena

You can also have a look here for something nearest to you:
http://pocketbook.de/index.php?id=359
Old 03-20-2010, 04:34 PM   #9
PocketGoods
Banned
PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: PB360
Quote:
Hi, this is my first post on MobileRead so please be gentle with me

After reading countless reviews on different eReaders I've decided to take the plunge and opt for a Pocket Book 360.

I'm from the UK but live currently in Warsaw and make trips back there several times a year.
I'd like to get the 360 from a UK supplier or if possible from a supplier based in Warsaw (doubtful I know).

What are the options for buying in the UK? I understand there is no official distributor at present.
I've seen ads from a company called GreenReader.co.uk - does anyone have any experience of this company?

What are other people's experiences/ideas about getting the 360 in the UK?

Thanks
Hi!

We shipp to UK (and to other european countries) free of shipping costs. There are a lot of customers from UK, who already ordered by our shop. Absolutely no problem!
PocketGoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 05:20 PM   #10
Hevelius

Thanks to all who replied - I decided to order from Pocket Goods with their offer of free shipping and it will (hopefully) get to me relatively quickly here in Poland (pray to god that Poczta Polska [Polish Postal service] is not involved anywhere in this process!).

Thanks to Jelena also, for her help and offers.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:44 AM   #11
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Thanks to all who replied - I decided to order from Pocket Goods with their offer of free shipping and it will (hopefully) get to me relatively quickly here in Poland (pray to god that Poczta Polska [Polish Postal service] is not involved anywhere in this process!).

Hi Hevelius. Already got your device?
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:15 AM   #12
Jelena

Quote:

You are welcome!
Are you already reading on it?
Old 04-01-2010, 05:00 AM   #13
PocketGoods
Banned
PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Hi Hevelius. Already got your device?
According to tracking information Hevelius got his device on 26.03.2010 at 14:15:00 and now he is possibly reading on it
Old 04-01-2010, 07:41 AM   #14
wallnuss
Connoisseur
wallnuss doesn't litterwallnuss doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketGoods View Post
According to tracking information Hevelius got his device on 26.03.2010 at 14:15:00 and now he is possibly reading on it
BigBrother is watching us. So can you say me when my pb302 will arrive ? I order mine a two days ago ;-)

wallnuss
wallnuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:10 AM   #15
PocketGoods
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallnuss View Post
BigBrother is watching us. So can you say me when my pb302 will arrive ? I order mine a two days ago ;-)

wallnuss
Did you ordered a PB360 too? We dispatch every day a lot of them. But almost nobody writes his/her MR name in the order form. So i had to guess who you are in the real life

BTW for ordering