Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-17-2010, 09:00 PM   #1
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Knitlit the Third

I just noticed that a book in which I have a story, Knitlit the Third, edited by Linda Roghaar and Molly Wolf, is now available at Amazon as an e-book. (This isn't really a self-promotion thing, because, well, I don't actually get anything if somebody buys this.) The reason I'm mentioning it is because in the original book there was a pretty funny typo in my bio paragraph at the back of the book, so of course I had to buy the e-book to see if it was corrected there. (The editors did correct it on the webpage so I thought maybe it had been fixed here too.)

Nope. Still says, "A self-proclaimed "hack of all trades but master of none," she believes there is always something new (or old) to learn."

This is one of those rare instances where the typo is so much better than the original. I mean, really, anybody can be a "jack of all trades," but "hack of all trades?" My friends have gotten a lot of mileage out of that!
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote