Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-16-2009, 02:31 AM   #1
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
Knife Music by David Canroy

As part of my occasional read some totally different to my normal stuff I chose the long time Sony freebie Knife Music.
I can understand the previous censorship controversy that this title has received from Amazon as anytime a book deals with underage sex and teen suicide its walking on shaky ground.
The story revolves around a middle aged doctor who treated a young 16 year woman after a car crash who commits suicide a few months later. Suddenly after her diary is discovered he is accused of having sex with her.
The story is played out through 3 viewpoints, The doctor, the detective and flashbacks to the young woman and her friends.
Despite the rather heavy subject matter it is a good pageturner where you want to find out whether or not the doctor is guilty.
Quite a big departure from my usual thriller/adventure and Scifi fare I would say
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote